Wiki Functionality - Talk About Pages & Page History

Discussion in 'ARRSEpedia' started by Bad CO, May 19, 2005.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Bad CO

Bad CO LE Admin Reviews Editor Gallery Guru

I've noticed that people are using actual pages to discuss the content, i.e

Instead of doing that why not click the button as the bottom of each page that says 'Discuss This Page' which allows you to chat, abuse each other, etc

You can also see what revisions have been made to a page by clicking on 'Page History' to see what has gone before.

2. ^A method I've just used to explain why I removed a comment from my main page. I say "my" but obviously everyone is free to add a comment; I only ask them to Pleeeease make sure it is an amusing one.

It would have been helpful to see who had made the post but I can't complain about the miscreant not signing in because - in full-flowing numpty mode I forgot to log in myself hence resorting to identifying myself in the edit notes on the recent changes page.

P.S. Click on "discussion" tab at the top - between "article" and "edit"

Talk:Abacus

P.P.S. I still haven't a clue what
    is all about but it was interesting. Firestarter, any comments? :wink:

3. If you are who I think you are(I may be very,very wrong and I will go no further for my own reasons) then you will know someone who is as tall as he is broad as he is deep (especially intellectually))

4. ^ Ouch, that makes my brain hurt. In fact, I think I'll copy it to ARRSEPedia.

I'll pm you with who I am - up to you if you want to reply.