Wiki Dullardy

Discussion in 'ARRSEpedia' started by stoatman, May 23, 2005.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. The Wiki seems to be prone to the seemingly infinite number of dullards prowling and replacing perfectly good posts with dullardic crap. I know that things can normally be restored (which I see as the prime raison d'être of the wiki keeper, which is why my CV will not be in the post for the position), but some of the stuff that was posted in the first few days doesn't seem to be in the histories.

Please please please please please please please please please please please please can we have it on a username basis only, and none of this blind IP business????
  2. If it's not in the history, then maybe you're looking in the wrong place?
    I fell victim to this myself when I thought someone had deleted my genius 'goat blower' comment, until I realised that there's a difference between [[MDN]] & [[User:MDN]].

3. Good_CO and I have discussed this issue and until one of us figures out how to deal with this properly it will have stay as it is I'm afraid.
    The WiKi is only one aspect of ARRSE after all and the deletion or changing of entries is not a new or major issue (it occurs daily on the forum boards you should be used to it by now stoaty!)
    Do something useful around the house if it's getting to you. Or drink a bottle of whisky. Or get a job. Or throw the pc out of the window.
    Thanks for the input though 8)
  4. Bad CO

Bad CO LE Admin Reviews Editor Gallery Guru

Hmm - I hear where you are coming from but:
    1. For technical reasons we cannot link the DB to the ARRSE one so the users thing may not be as effective as you think.
    2. Have you tried looking at the history of the individual page rather than the overall history? I'd be surprised if it wasn't there
  5. Hardly surprising that people want to change what's been written about them is it now? It would appear that the 'in crowd' can do as they please, whilst the rest of us have to just shut up and put up.

That may be one of the reasons why you've seen the 'dullards' as you call them in action.

Personally, I found it quite amusing to see the posts changed on a daily basis. It made it worth while visiting the wiki . Unfortunately you have decided amongst you that I have to put up with the sh*t comment which you've written about me.
  6. Hmmm...or we could all accept that the Tinternet is not, actually, the real world and perhaps we should just chill out and stop acting like moronic kids.

I wasn't even aware that there was an 'in crowd'...shows how much interest I take, I suppose... :D
  7. Any chance you could make that comment in person? Just so as I could introduce you to some reality.
  8. Have to say that not allowing Biscuits_AB to edit comments in his user name on arrsepedia is out of order IMO.

The comments do not reflect how Biscuits_AB comes across on here at all.

So give him a fair go yer b*stards.
  9. Personally, I've always thought that I was more of a c*nt than what is portraid.
  10. are having a bad day! :D

I am trying to see if anything in my last post actually related directly to you...apart from the 'in crowd' comment (which is true) I can't see anything.

As to 'making the comment in person' or whatever you wrote, I'll make a deal with you. If you can work out how to transmit matter across the internet, I'll send you my IP and we can arrange an RV and you can get whatever's on your mind out in the open. Until then, I can always be reached at LAND Command - by all means pop over! :D

Kind regards

PS I'm always keen to introduced to 'reality', particularly by an individual who clearly seems so firmly rooted in it. Good drills!

11. Wow.........LAND Command! Impressive.
  12. [​IMG]

Dry your eyes for god's sake... :D :D :D

..and LAND is hardly 'impressive'...
  13. So do I :wink: but you should still have a fair go.
  14. Biscuits I agree if its your user name then your own description should not be touched (unless against site policy).

Others would be welcome to make relevant additions to your persona as long as it does not become a psuedo chat page!

Biscuits edit your user and I will protect it, if trashed I will roll it back to your version.

Cant be fairer than that!