Wii

I got an email off my Father asking me to help source a Wii for my Aunty, some thing about Christmas and gifts for my 8 year old nephew. Now in my day I would have got a tool set and been told to make my own games console.

Now every cnut and his dog is after these things and the only place to get them is off ebay at inflated prices. . . . . . . . unless you get a Jap Version.

Now what is the score with the grey import other than the little darling having to learn Japanese to read the video games manual and the power unit?

you can also try www.bol.com which is the Dutch amazon-type site. There's no shortage of the over here (my mum took 2 sets back with her when she visited last weekend).

As peeps have said, go European. Its the same region as UK, Japan is not same region, and could result in many tears (unless you hav it chipped of course, but that would be imoral :D )

Got one no probs from amazon germany

took about 4 days for the delivery....all you got to do is change the plug

ogri750 said:
Got one no probs from amazon germany

took about 4 days for the delivery....all you got to do is change the plug
We have a winner.
Would she need to open a German Amazon account?
How much is the postage?

IT_GEEK said:
(unless you hav it chipped of course, but that would be imoral :D )
Quite, But with some of the games been utter pap, and a waste of a decent DVD disk, and some hours of bandwith, I'm glad that I'm very imoral with knobs on :)

Just go to as many shops as you can and put your name down. Failing that just scout out as many amazon-esque sites, and try the Netherlands... that was good advice...

Might be a bit late now...

Should have thought about it when it was released a year ago, like me. :boogie:

A shop in Salisbury has 60 of them in today! The shop's called "Smyths"

I've seen an application on sale in a locally owned games shop in Preston that had a "Play Movies on your Wii" conversion programme. Sounded a bit dodgy but I think I may have a go.

g2_loony_bin said:
Just go to as many shops as you can and put your name down. Failing that just scout out as many amazon-esque sites, and try the Netherlands... that was good advice...

Might be a bit late now...

Should have thought about it when it was released a year ago, like me. :boogie:
Wii's not for me. I'm a pure PC man, consoles carry the mark of Satan on them. :D

try keeping an eye on this site

http://www.wii-consoles.co.uk

I didn't know they had stopped shipping from germany

Mine was £176 and that included the delivery.

Just an idea, why not ask one the nice BAOR people to get you one and send it.....I'm sure you could sort a deal out with someone

Buy this one:

LINKY : lucky Wii

A real snip at $1,234,567.89 - because that's a lucky number, apparently. Read the ad, it's priceless in a pricey sort of way.....