wii modding

Discussion in 'Hardware - PCs, Consoles, Gadgets' started by Grumblegrunt, Sep 4, 2013.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Grumblegrunt

Grumblegrunt LE Book Reviewer

not techy by means but for years I've messed about with networks and media players to get more out of bits of older tech without succumbing to the latest wizzo item on the gadget show. she was only allowed a wii once I knew it could be hacked.

anyway I have two hard drive enclosures which are also media players and can link in to the networked linkstation hard drives and play content. all except mp4 which makes it a drag looking for xvids all the time or converting files.

I'd been looking for something to set up with xbox media centre using old p3/p4 laptops which would enable freeview over wifi when I stumbled finally over a wii media centre which is a usefull addition to the iplayer youtube and netflix channels

How To Turn Your Wii Into A Media Center With WiiMC

for those not familiar with xbmc - XBMC | Open Source Home Theatre Software

and the same software is powering rasperry pii which means you can get a multimedia box for the tv for 50 quid and turn an older screen into a smart tv media centre type of thing.

as an aside did anyone read the thing about the usaf building a supercomputer out of linked ps2s?