wifi v bluetooth headsets.

sirbhp

LE
Book Reviewer
Hi troops, recently i bought a new super dooper hi def Samsung TV and my old wireless headphones couldn't connect to it . I bought a new wifi transmitter and headset kit but no matter how I tried to set it up it would not connect with the tv so its going back shortly.
Whilst searching for a replacement I ve decided to go with BLUETOOTH headsets for TV.

I was wondering whats the difference between bluetooth tv headsets and ear buds on bluetooth? It seems to me that instead of the large sweaty headsets if I go bluetooth nice compact buds would do the same job, An I right in this deduction ??

By the way ZULU was earth shattering in hi def and surround sound mode .

Hi troops, recently i bought a new super dooper hi def Samsung TV and my old wireless headphones couldn't connect to it . I bought a new wifi transmitter and headset kit but no matter how I tried to set it up it would not connect with the tv so its going back shortly.
Whilst searching for a replacement I ve decided to go with BLUETOOTH headsets for TV.

I was wondering whats the difference between bluetooth tv headsets and ear buds on bluetooth? It seems to me that instead of the large sweaty headsets if I go bluetooth nice compact buds would do the same job, An I right in this deduction ??

Sound quality will always better with headphones (less intrusion by external noise), however, earbuds probably more comfortable.

Sound quality will always better with headphones (less intrusion by external noise), however, earbuds probably more comfortable.

I prefer headphones myself, maybe I'm peculiar, but I just get on better with headphones.

Last edited:

Big Jim

Old-Salt
I use these Bud things when running / crawling in the woods. The Cable ones get on my tits & fall out all the time. However the quality is better with a headset with a cable in my opinion.

maguire

LE
Book Reviewer

did it not have a 3.5mm out?

OneTenner

LE
Book Reviewer
Bluetooth LE can suffer a bit from timing issues - some TV's have the ability to delay the pictures slightly to compensate for the audio delay, decent quality headphones / earphones will also have genuine BLE chipsets (hopefully) not Chinese clones. The Mrs. prefers proper headphones as they block out all the annoying background noise - i.e. me.

sirbhp

LE
Book Reviewer
I think what im getting at is :

will any ole bluetooth buds or headsets work on my bluetooth telly or do they have to be specifically for a tv. ? cheers troops.

OneTenner

LE
Book Reviewer
I think what im getting at is :

will any ole bluetooth buds or headsets work on my bluetooth telly or do they have to be specifically for a tv. ? cheers troops.
They should do... As I've said, the cheaper end of the market may be more unreliable. The Mrs. has a pair of Sony headphones which connect easily and reliably to a Panasonic TV using Bluetooth once paired.

Latest Threads