Wifes who carry rank! biiaaaches!

I have had the good/or maybe bad fortune to be posted to a more sunny clime, now when I got here I was expecting a certain amount of community, you know the old type of Army estate and lots of drinkypoo's etc.
But this place is something else, lots of (not all, mine for instance would get disowned and she knows it, and in her defence wouldn't be such a turd anyway) wife’s here seen to think there the same rank as there husband, some even think that because they have one of the rare dependant jobs that they are somehow more important than everyone else, there rude and full of overstated self confidence, have condescending manners’ and really do believe there some sort of higher life form.

Now I need to add that not all of them are but lots are so if you’re in Naples and are reading this and getting mad, then if the cap fits. Get a grip of your loose end!

I have and will continue to make it my mission to remind these harridans that they are here with there husbands, and not as the seem to think serving in one of the services and able to boss people around both serving and not, and if they are employed then there here to serve us not to make me wait for 5 min while you answer the phone and then proceed to chat about lunch while I'm stood at your desk! :x

In short this is more of a Rant than a thread but got me to thinking, what’s the worst event of this type you have ever come across?

Mine was while I was a siggy in Krefeld with 7 Sig Reg

I went into the coffee shop to meet my Mrs, she was chatting to another wife who was sat with her at the table, now I didn't know her so after grabbing my brew I sat down waited until a pause in the conversation and said " HI, we've not met I'm Hallveg"
Her reply damn near floored me

"Oh, I'm SSGT Blogs's wife"

My shocked reply was something like

",,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,SSGT Blogs's wife???Did your parents not like you?"

Daft bint.

Cheers for listening.

Veg

This attitude is not confined to military life. It depends more on the personalites involved. I think it shows a lack of confidence when someone has to introduce themself involving their partner's position.

So youve managed to bag one of the Nearly non existent "Sunshine Postings" and youve still got stuff to whinge about.
Find SSgt Blogs,arthur,fred, whoever and politely educate them.
Its -5 where I am and will probably snow this evening. Ill do you a swap :D
SK

I was only a 'babe in arms' when this occurred, but I 'spose it still counts.

My parents were based in Cyprus when the Turks decided to kick off in '74. All dependents were to be evacuated back to the UK. Initially, mothers with children were to go back by RAF jet (VC-10 or Tri-Star I forget which.) This until which ever spineless Crab running the show got brow beaten by RAF Officers wives who were far too important to go by Herc.

Cue an 8 hour flight back to the UK for lots of tired, distressed wives and small kiddies in the cosy environment of a Hercules.

I realise this may well have been just a duty rumour that went round the place, but I wouldn't be at all surprised if it had a basis in fact.

B_AND_T

LE
Book Reviewer
I had the misfortune of being put into the post bunk during one eventful rear party, I did tell them that as I wasn't nice to my own wife how the hell did they expect me to be nice to a Bn's worth. We had a number of these creatures who would come in and say things like.

"B&T, I'm CSM McSquirtybum's wife any mail"
"Yes loads actually, this is the post room"
"Is there any mail for me"
"I'll check........No, I only have mail for Mrs McSquirtybum"
"Thats me B&T"
"There you go McSquirtybum"
"Mrs McSquirtybum to your B&T"
"Thats Cpl to you! Now go away"

"You can't talk to me like that, I'm CSgt Gimps wife"
"OK i'm Cpl of Mrs B&T and your point is"

OK I did have a rather one way interview with the UWO afterwards. But having made my point he quietly had a word with a few of them and the attitude changed.

Don't even get me started on the fcuking wives club.

My wife wears my 2's on Saturday nights, does that mean she can use my rank and order me around!!

This until which ever spineless Crab running the show got brow beaten by RAF Officers wives who were far too important to go by Herc.
I think you'll find that that would have happened in any environment. One always tends to look after one's own. If the Transport out had been staff cars and four tonners and the evac was being carried out by the Army then the RAF tw@ts and brats would have been in the four tonners and the Army's in the staff cars...

[Off Topic]

Jeez this naughty word filter is so juvenile!!!! Thought this was a site for the Army not 9 year olds?

[/Off Topic]

methilman said:
My wife wears my 2's on Saturday nights
Does she smear it all over or leave it intact like a gently steaming walnut whip?

SKJOLD said:
So youve managed to bag one of the Nearly non existent "Sunshine Postings" and youve still got stuff to whinge about.
Find SSgt Blogs,arthur,fred, whoever and politely educate them.
Its -5 where I am and will probably snow this evening. Ill do you a swap :D
SK
You've missed the point here I think, are you saying that because its sunny here, wifes can be ddicks? And I'm more than capable of politely educating them without going to there husbands thats the whole bloody point, there NOT there husbands, there individuals who are not in the Army/navy/airforce.

But still glad to here its cold where you are! :lol:

its 21 here, phew redders

still cow bag wifes about though.

Ha Ha

B_AND_T

LE
Book Reviewer
Airborne_Aircrew said:
This until which ever spineless Crab running the show got brow beaten by RAF Officers wives who were far too important to go by Herc.
I think you'll find that that would have happened in any environment. One always tends to look after one's own. If the Transport out had been staff cars and four tonners and the evac was being carried out by the Army then the RAF tw@ts and brats would have been in the four tonners and the Army's in the staff cars...

[Off Topic]

Jeez this naughty word filter is so juvenile!!!! Thought this was a site for the Army not 9 year olds?
[/Off Topic]
But we are glad your here anyway. :D

Airborne_Aircrew said:

[Off Topic]

[/Off Topic]
Not bashing the RAF per se, and I'd be livid at a serviceman of any stripe who lets themselves get beaten down by a Doris wearing their husband's rank.

Grownup_Rafbrat

LE
Book Reviewer
Toasted_Giant said:
I was only a 'babe in arms' when this occurred, but I 'spose it still counts.

My parents were based in Cyprus when the Turks decided to kick off in '74. All dependents were to be evacuated back to the UK. Initially, mothers with children were to go back by RAF jet (VC-10 or Tri-Star I forget which.) This until which ever spineless Crab running the show got brow beaten by RAF Officers wives who were far too important to go by Herc.

Cue an 8 hour flight back to the UK for lots of tired, distressed wives and small kiddies in the cosy environment of a Hercules.

I realise this may well have been just a duty rumour that went round the place, but I wouldn't be at all surprised if it had a basis in fact.
I think you'll find they were officers' ladies.
Senior NCOs had wives, and other ranks had 'women'.

I can quite believe your tale. After many hours flying overnight to Aden to join my Dad, with three girls under seven, one sick constantly, and only three seats to share, my mother's flight landed on the tarmac at Khormaksar. The pilot announced jauntily 'It's 130 degrees in the shade, if you can find any'. Officers' ladies were disembarked first, then Senior NCOs' wives, and then the women. Didn't matter how many hot, fractious children you had in tow, those were the rules!

old_fat_and_hairy

LE
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor
B_AND_T said:
I had the misfortune of being put into the post bunk during one eventful rear party, I did tell them that as I wasn't nice to my own wife how the hell did they expect me to be nice to a Bn's worth. We had a number of these creatures who would come in and say things like.

"B&T, I'm CSM McSquirtybum's wife any mail"
"Yes loads actually, this is the post room"
"Is there any mail for me"
"I'll check........No, I only have mail for Mrs McSquirtybum"
"Thats me B&T"
"There you go McSquirtybum"
"Mrs McSquirtybum to your B&T"
"Thats Cpl to you! Now go away"

"You can't talk to me like that, I'm CSgt Gimps wife"
"OK i'm Cpl of Mrs B&T and your point is"

OK I did have a rather one way interview with the UWO afterwards. But having made my point he quietly had a word with a few of them and the attitude changed.
Don't even get me started on the ]fcuking wives club.

You had one of them? You lucky git. We had to search for them out of camp.

We didn't have a club for wive fcucking at all.

(edited several times due to sloppiness and tomato ketchup.)

It's even worse when the brats do it. Heard in the Red Fred in Minden 'but we can't go out with them, their parents aren't officers!'

'Jeez this naughty word filter is so juvenile!!!! Thought this was a site for the Army not 9 year olds?'

Not just naughty words, try typing in Worthing (or W*rthing).

Ahhh wives of serving personnel, the joy of my existence. They really can be a nasty species to run across of one is ill prepared to deal with them.

The I-wear-my-husband's-rank wife is only one of many subspecies. You have much to learn Veg.

Wait until you run across the others such as the:

I-am-wife-and-you-are-only-the-fiance - this one is particularly uppity as she thinks that she is tops on the pecking order from the simple fact she got her bloke to say, "I do".

I-am-a-fiance- this one thinks that because she's got a rock on her finger that she's special. Usually is quite demanding of Admin staff -wanting to know why she can't get access to her fiancee's pay records, why hasn't a MQ been allocated and of course the hissyfits over deployments that simply ruin the wedding dates.

I-am-a-girlfriend - this one is quite fun actually as she knows she has no real status once she steps across the gate, but she will look down on the girl that has only just met her bloke and "hasn't been through a deployment" with him yet.

Then there are the deployment/IR/tours and posting divas:

I-am-special-because-my-husband-is-away for an extended IR posting on the other side of the country for more than 3 years. This one loves to lord over any wife that moans that her husband is away but even then, there is a pecking order of who is considered in the right to moan:

The one year deployment, just slightly nudges up to the extended IR wife for being in line for sympathy.

The six-months deployment in a dangerous place - nudges and sometimes topples the extended and one year deployment divas.

The six months deployment to a quiet place - is usually told by the IR and one years and six months in danger to suck it up buttercup and find something to do for the period.

The six months away on course - she can try to gain some sympathy points by usually is drowned out by the longer deployment divas.

The three month course to a base within driving distance - this one tries but fails miserably in the pecking order to have any sympathy going her way.

The my boyfriend is going off to basic - this one usually just gets some nods that it will only get worse if he actually marries her. In the meantime little or no tolerance is given to this one's moans about being alone. Suggestions of learning a new hobby and staying in touch with her friends are usually offered. We all know though, that the boyfriend is usually going to dump her at about week 5 of basic.

Then there are the He-can't-leave-I-need-him-at-home hunnies

Love this subgroup.

They include the spouses that haven't figured out in 10 years of marriage that their partner is indeed in the military and is required upon occasion to leave and go somewhere.

They also include the spouse that insists on starting a home renovation two weeks prior to a planned deployment and wonders why the house isn't finished 8 months later.

This group includes wives and girlfriends that have found themselves up the duff and are wanting to share that moment with hubby when junior pops out. They get all pouty when they discover that world despots don't really stop for their moment of labour and won't let hubby home for it. (they usually get told by the IR extended divas to suck it up, because if having the kid alone is their worse nightmare wait until you move with three kids on your own).

Then there are the species that mistrusts any other female that may have/is serving to be near their husband.

This group is divided into two distinct subgroups:

The ones that don't trust any female within a 300 yard range of their husbands because hubby may have a look.

and

The ones who think that because a female has or is serving and because she is a female that she automatically will spill the beans on what goes on during a deployment to the "sisterhood" These ones get all huffy when the serving females won't spill and tend to snarl a little when one walks in a room.

Then there are the weight wandas:

If you look at their husbands you'd think "Ya know this guy isn't all that bad looking - he should be able to pull quite easily. Then you see their wives... these ones are usually quite large, or quite slovenly dressed. Not they type of female you pictured the guy being with.

The really large ones usually hate the really skinny ones and the weight issues will sadly trump the deployment, marriage or hubby should stay home pecking orders.

Be afraid of these ones as their tonsils are usually sunburned from their mouths constantly being open.

And of course the sub group that veg has run across - the I-wear-my-husband's-rank.

Not a subgroup that can easily dealt with. All of the above have been the tried and true methods.

BrunoNoMedals

LE
Kit Reviewer
niner_domestic said:
Ahhh wives of serving personnel, the joy of my existence. They really can be a nasty species to run across of one is ill prepared to deal with them.

The I-wear-my-husband's-rank wife is only one of many subspecies. You have much to learn Veg.

Wait until you run across the others such as the:

I-am-wife-and-you-are-only-the-fiance - this one is particularly uppity as she thinks that she is tops on the pecking order from the simple fact she got her bloke to say, "I do".

I-am-a-fiance- this one thinks that because she's got a rock on her finger that she's special. Usually is quite demanding of Admin staff -wanting to know why she can't get access to her fiancee's pay records, why hasn't a MQ been allocated and of course the hissyfits over deployments that simply ruin the wedding dates.

I-am-a-girlfriend - this one is quite fun actually as she knows she has no real status once she steps across the gate, but she will look down on the girl that has only just met her bloke and "hasn't been through a deployment" with him yet.

Then there are the deployment/IR/tours and posting divas:

I-am-special-because-my-husband-is-away for an extended IR posting on the other side of the country for more than 3 years. This one loves to lord over any wife that moans that her husband is away but even then, there is a pecking order of who is considered in the right to moan:

The one year deployment, just slightly nudges up to the extended IR wife for being in line for sympathy.

The six-months deployment in a dangerous place - nudges and sometimes topples the extended and one year deployment divas.

The six months deployment to a quiet place - is usually told by the IR and one years and six months in danger to suck it up buttercup and find something to do for the period.

The six months away on course - she can try to gain some sympathy points by usually is drowned out by the longer deployment divas.

The three month course to a base within driving distance - this one tries but fails miserably in the pecking order to have any sympathy going her way.

The my boyfriend is going off to basic - this one usually just gets some nods that it will only get worse if he actually marries her. In the meantime little or no tolerance is given to this one's moans about being alone. Suggestions of learning a new hobby and staying in touch with her friends are usually offered. We all know though, that the boyfriend is usually going to dump her at about week 5 of basic.

Then there are the He-can't-leave-I-need-him-at-home hunnies

Love this subgroup.

They include the spouses that haven't figured out in 10 years of marriage that their partner is indeed in the military and is required upon occasion to leave and go somewhere.

They also include the spouse that insists on starting a home renovation two weeks prior to a planned deployment and wonders why the house isn't finished 8 months later.

This group includes wives and girlfriends that have found themselves up the duff and are wanting to share that moment with hubby when junior pops out. They get all pouty when they discover that world despots don't really stop for their moment of labour and won't let hubby home for it. (they usually get told by the IR extended divas to suck it up, because if having the kid alone is their worse nightmare wait until you move with three kids on your own).

Then there are the species that mistrusts any other female that may have/is serving to be near their husband.

This group is divided into two distinct subgroups:

The ones that don't trust any female within a 300 yard range of their husbands because hubby may have a look.

and

The ones who think that because a female has or is serving and because she is a female that she automatically will spill the beans on what goes on during a deployment to the "sisterhood" These ones get all huffy when the serving females won't spill and tend to snarl a little when one walks in a room.

Then there are the weight wandas:

If you look at their husbands you'd think "Ya know this guy isn't all that bad looking - he should be able to pull quite easily. Then you see their wives... these ones are usually quite large, or quite slovenly dressed. Not they type of female you pictured the guy being with.

The really large ones usually hate the really skinny ones and the weight issues will sadly trump the deployment, marriage or hubby should stay home pecking orders.

Be afraid of these ones as their tonsils are usually sunburned from their mouths constantly being open.

And of course the sub group that veg has run across - the I-wear-my-husband's-rank.

Not a subgroup that can easily dealt with. All of the above have been the tried and true methods.
If that doesn't make the Wiki, there is something wrong with the world.

Hallveg.

Sounds like Napoli never changes.

T'was the same when we got there.

The first question several wives asked Mrs P-T was "what rank is your husband?". A polite "one higher then when we met" usually stumped them. Always seemed to be the excess baggage of the Crabs doing the asking though!

Say hello to Stu the Silver Fox for me.

P-T