Wifes who carry rank! biiaaaches!

Discussion in 'The NAAFI Bar' started by hallveg, Nov 7, 2008.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. I have had the good/or maybe bad fortune to be posted to a more sunny clime, now when I got here I was expecting a certain amount of community, you know the old type of Army estate and lots of drinkypoo's etc.
    But this place is something else, lots of (not all, mine for instance would get disowned and she knows it, and in her defence wouldn't be such a turd anyway) wife’s here seen to think there the same rank as there husband, some even think that because they have one of the rare dependant jobs that they are somehow more important than everyone else, there rude and full of overstated self confidence, have condescending manners’ and really do believe there some sort of higher life form.

Now I need to add that not all of them are but lots are so if you’re in Naples and are reading this and getting mad, then if the cap fits. Get a grip of your loose end!

I have and will continue to make it my mission to remind these harridans that they are here with there husbands, and not as the seem to think serving in one of the services and able to boss people around both serving and not, and if they are employed then there here to serve us not to make me wait for 5 min while you answer the phone and then proceed to chat about lunch while I'm stood at your desk! :x

In short this is more of a Rant than a thread but got me to thinking, what’s the worst event of this type you have ever come across?

Mine was while I was a siggy in Krefeld with 7 Sig Reg

I went into the coffee shop to meet my Mrs, she was chatting to another wife who was sat with her at the table, now I didn't know her so after grabbing my brew I sat down waited until a pause in the conversation and said " HI, we've not met I'm Hallveg"
    Her reply damn near floored me

"Oh, I'm SSGT Blogs's wife"

My shocked reply was something like

",,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,SSGT Blogs's wife???Did your parents not like you?"

Daft bint.

Cheers for listening.

Veg

2. This attitude is not confined to military life. It depends more on the personalites involved. I think it shows a lack of confidence when someone has to introduce themself involving their partner's position.

3. So youve managed to bag one of the Nearly non existent "Sunshine Postings" and youve still got stuff to whinge about.
    Find SSgt Blogs,arthur,fred, whoever and politely educate them.
    Its -5 where I am and will probably snow this evening. Ill do you a swap :D
    SK

4. They've been assimilated into the Borg collective. :D

5. I was only a 'babe in arms' when this occurred, but I 'spose it still counts.

My parents were based in Cyprus when the Turks decided to kick off in '74. All dependents were to be evacuated back to the UK. Initially, mothers with children were to go back by RAF jet (VC-10 or Tri-Star I forget which.) This until which ever spineless Crab running the show got brow beaten by RAF Officers wives who were far too important to go by Herc.

Cue an 8 hour flight back to the UK for lots of tired, distressed wives and small kiddies in the cosy environment of a Hercules.

I realise this may well have been just a duty rumour that went round the place, but I wouldn't be at all surprised if it had a basis in fact.

6. B_AND_T

B_AND_T LE Book Reviewer

I had the misfortune of being put into the post bunk during one eventful rear party, I did tell them that as I wasn't nice to my own wife how the hell did they expect me to be nice to a Bn's worth. We had a number of these creatures who would come in and say things like.

"B&T, I'm CSM McSquirtybum's wife any mail"
    "Yes loads actually, this is the post room"
    "Is there any mail for me"
    "I'll check........No, I only have mail for Mrs McSquirtybum"
    "Thats me B&T"
    "There you go McSquirtybum"
    "Mrs McSquirtybum to your B&T"
    "Thats Cpl to you! Now go away"

"You can't talk to me like that, I'm CSgt Gimps wife"
    "OK i'm Cpl of Mrs B&T and your point is"

OK I did have a rather one way interview with the UWO afterwards. But having made my point he quietly had a word with a few of them and the attitude changed.

Don't even get me started on the fcuking wives club.

7. My wife wears my 2's on Saturday nights, does that mean she can use my rank and order me around!!

8. I think you'll find that that would have happened in any environment. One always tends to look after one's own. If the Transport out had been staff cars and four tonners and the evac was being carried out by the Army then the RAF tw@ts and brats would have been in the four tonners and the Army's in the staff cars...

[Off Topic]

Jeez this naughty word filter is so juvenile!!!! Thought this was a site for the Army not 9 year olds?

[/Off Topic]

9. Does she smear it all over or leave it intact like a gently steaming walnut whip?

10. You've missed the point here I think, are you saying that because its sunny here, wifes can be ddicks? And I'm more than capable of politely educating them without going to there husbands thats the whole bloody point, there NOT there husbands, there individuals who are not in the Army/navy/airforce.

But still glad to here its cold where you are! :lol:

its 21 here, phew redders

still cow bag wifes about though.

Ha Ha

11. B_AND_T

B_AND_T LE Book Reviewer

But we are glad your here anyway. :D

12. Not bashing the RAF per se, and I'd be livid at a serviceman of any stripe who lets themselves get beaten down by a Doris wearing their husband's rank.

13. I used to have an Adjutant's wife who used to say "You know you have to call me Ma'am out of bed don't you?".

14. Grownup_Rafbrat

Grownup_Rafbrat LE Good Egg (charities)

I think you'll find they were officers' ladies.
    Senior NCOs had wives, and other ranks had 'women'.

I can quite believe your tale. After many hours flying overnight to Aden to join my Dad, with three girls under seven, one sick constantly, and only three seats to share, my mother's flight landed on the tarmac at Khormaksar. The pilot announced jauntily 'It's 130 degrees in the shade, if you can find any'. Officers' ladies were disembarked first, then Senior NCOs' wives, and then the women. Didn't matter how many hot, fractious children you had in tow, those were the rules!

15. old_fat_and_hairy

old_fat_and_hairy LE Book Reviewer Reviews Editor

Don't even get me started on the ]fcuking wives club.

You had one of them? You lucky git. We had to search for them out of camp.

We didn't have a club for wive fcucking at all.

(edited several times due to sloppiness and tomato ketchup.)