Wifes 40th Birthday

Discussion in 'Travel' started by flynavy, Mar 14, 2011.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Next month is the wifes 40th birthday want to go somewhere scenic, a nice little b and b with log fires etc, what can people reccommend? I want to stay in the uk and somewhere like the lake district as i live in rutland and dont want to be travelling for more than 5 - 6 hours.
    We are up for a little bit of hill walking or things to go and see etc.

many thanks for your help
  2. Oh boy are you asking for trouble......
  3. What is your budget?
  4. Google a place called "The Hideaway" in Windemere, they class it as a resutraunt with rooms. Took the Mrs S_S there in January for a couple of nights, it was fantastic. Very friendly staff. The food is amazing, absolutely top class and reasonable too. It's a short walk into Windemere and then down to Bowness. Just off the main road so its handy for getting around in the car. They do a fantastic afternoon tea with home made cake, well nice. I would thoroughly recommend it, we had a nice high springy bed too which was put to much use as a thank you for taking her there.
  5. budget is upto £500

if i wanted loads of bad and funny comments i would hve posted in the NAAFI forum!
  6. TheIronDuke

TheIronDuke LE Book Reviewer

Time of year? The Lakes is lovely but the Bowness area of Windermere gets well crowded in high season. Ullswater and some of the lesser lakes are my preferred choice. Shop around - there are some silly out-of-season bargains for a weekend stay. I could suggest some ace spots up Scotland, but not this time of year unless you are into snow & ice climbing.
  7. okay, budget upto £500 for the right kind of room/location would be an ideal bonus if it was dog friendly too, wife wants to take dog!

Does anyone have any reccomendations, am open to anywhere else in the country but preferably somewhere scenic and views etc
  8. Give her what she really wants..............

a divorce!

No I didn't bring a hat, but that's my coat.
  9. If you google hartsop fold they have some lovely log cabins near ullswater also the brotherswater inn has nice rooms, good ale and food.
  10. Log fires and hill walking? **** me someones due a debilitating stroke or three ....

Get her down to Peckham in a flourescent mini with her fat corned beef legs wrapped in torn lace, she'll be brimming with Nigerian spud water by midnight and you can spend the rest of the night wanking in confusion and shame as she recites the event over and over again.