Wife/WAG v Mates

I've known this particular friend nearly all my life - in fact we first met in primary school at the age of four (A Long Time Ago).

I joined up and he became a vicar - can you imagine the chats we had when I was home on leave or when chatting up the ladees? Anyway, having stopped tramping all over the world with the Army and work and now with me retired and his retirement a few months away, we have starting enjoying a bit of catch-up time for a couple of hours per week to moan about life passing us by, 'it wasn't like this when we were lads', women we've known, etc.

Over a long period of time of his life he's been single and led many a maiden a merry dance - but decided to settle down and married a few years ago (a late starter) and up to a year or so ago she was quite friendly towards me.

Recently his missus has become more demanding on his time to the point that now we hardly meet - even our weekly meetings of two hours are in jeopardy and he's getting quite upset about it, saying to her that he needs a couple of hours away from the strictures of his job, even though he's only a few months to retirement. She's not happy about this and has become quite a sourpuss.

Has anyone else come across this situation whereby your old civvy (and probably ex-Mil) mates are under stress from the OH?

Chodmeister

RIP
RIP
I'm lucky that I moved away from my home town and therefore don't see any old mates from civilian life. Also my lass is ex forces and understands the need for my monthly get away to York where I can get pissed and swing the lamp with like minded peeps from the Corps.

Drivers_lag

On ROPS
On ROPs
I've known this particular friend nearly all my life - in fact we first met in primary school at the age of four (A Long Time Ago).

I joined up and he became a vicar - can you imagine the chats we had when I was home on leave or when chatting up the ladees? Anyway, having stopped tramping all over the world with the Army and work and now with me retired and his retirement a few months away, we have starting enjoying a bit of catch-up time for a couple of hours per week to moan about life passing us by, 'it wasn't like this when we were lads', women we've known, etc.

Over a long period of time of his life he's been single and led many a maiden a merry dance - but decided to settle down and married a few years ago (a late starter) and up to a year or so ago she was quite friendly towards me.

Recently his missus has become more demanding on his time to the point that now we hardly meet - even our weekly meetings of two hours are in jeopardy and he's getting quite upset about it, saying to her that he needs a couple of hours away from the strictures of his job, even though he's only a few months to retirement. She's not happy about this and has become quite a sourpuss.

Has anyone else come across this situation whereby your old civvy (and probably ex-Mil) mates are under stress from the OH?

Nothing to do with her or you and everything to do with him.

I have one particular oppo who totally changed when he got married - to the point of the pair of them being weirdos I can't be bothered with any more anyway.

If he 'can't sort it, it's because he doesn't want to, so fcuk him.

Good grief, no!!!!!! Not at all, Never!! In fact in our earlier days we shared our ladees - wot fun :)

He took care of mine whilst I was away in FDR preparing for the invasion by the 3rd Shock Army. That's one of the things we talk about/compare notes on our weekly chats (swapping ladees I mean) :)

Recently his missus has become more demanding on his time to the point that now we hardly meet - even our weekly meetings of two hours are in jeopardy and he's getting quite upset about it, saying to her that he needs a couple of hours away from the strictures of his job, even though he's only a few months to retirement.

What a complete ******* pissmop.

You've said it yourself, he's a late starter and has probably only just getting used to the idea of having a woman around 24/7.

Unless you're prepared to let him have a go on your mud button, resign yourself to second priority status.

Latest Threads