Wife being told off

#1
Hi can anyone help? A friends wife was done for speeding on the way in to camp one day by the RMP's. (Just doing there job) :D Anyway she wasn't charged or fined on the spot! insted was told she will be in front of the CO. Now can anyone shed any light on what power the CO has on a wife? Will he have any legal rights to do anything. Or is this a scare tactic?

Thanks Smudge 8)
 
#2
Which country? In UK they have no jurisdiction but Germany they do.
 
#3
smudge827 said:
Hi can anyone help? A friends wife was done for speeding on the way in to camp one day by the RMP's. (Just doing there job) :D Anyway she wasn't charged or fined on the spot! insted was told she will be in front of the CO. Now can anyone shed any light on what power the CO has on a wife? Will he have any legal rights to do anything. Or is this a scare tactic?

Thanks Smudge 8)

And the perfect place to post this is in the Aviation forum?
 
#4
The-Lord-Flasheart said:
smudge827 said:
Hi can anyone help? A friends wife was done for speeding on the way in to camp one day by the RMP's. (Just doing there job) :D Anyway she wasn't charged or fined on the spot! insted was told she will be in front of the CO. Now can anyone shed any light on what power the CO has on a wife? Will he have any legal rights to do anything. Or is this a scare tactic?

Thanks Smudge 8)

And the perfect place to post this is in the Aviation forum?
Perhaps she was speeding in a Jaguar? What were the RMP's in? A GR-9?
 
#5
Infiltrator said:
The-Lord-Flasheart said:
smudge827 said:
Hi can anyone help? A friends wife was done for speeding on the way in to camp one day by the RMP's. (Just doing there job) :D Anyway she wasn't charged or fined on the spot! insted was told she will be in front of the CO. Now can anyone shed any light on what power the CO has on a wife? Will he have any legal rights to do anything. Or is this a scare tactic?

Thanks Smudge 8)

And the perfect place to post this is in the Aviation forum?
Perhaps she was speeding in a Jaguar? What were the RMP's in? A GR-9?
Perhaps the poor chap wears a light blue beret?
 
#6
Even so, wtf would we know about rules and regs?

Maybe posting this in the monkeys forum would be better.

FWIW, if it was in Germany, the RMP do have limited juristiction off camp when it concerns servicemen and their dependants so they could theoretically have stopped her for speeding off camp. As to getting her to bang her tabs into the CO, sounds like utter bollox to me or a sproggy monkey not having any idea what powers he has.
 
#7
Yes it is in Germany. If so what is she looking at. Is there set rules set up or will she get it in the neck just because he might be having a bad day? And can she ask to see the policy before hand?

Thanks smudge
 
#8
Best to either ask the Adjt or RMP Det Comd.

I cant see what point there would be to get the CO to deal with it to be honest, especially as no action was taken. Whats he going to do? Give her 5 days RoPs and an extra Canteen Cowboy duty?

Certainly sounds like the RMP in question was being a bit of a Himmler.

BTW, is the wifey a looker or just a bloated loggie wife goat?
 
#10
My missus punted OC 663 Sqn into the Moehnesee at a Sqn barby, and apart from a lot of extra duties for me, feck all happened to her. Well worth it in retrospect.
 
#11
The-Lord-Flasheart said:
Even so, wtf would we know about rules and regs?

Maybe posting this in the monkeys forum would be better.

FWIW, if it was in Germany, the RMP do have limited juristiction off camp when it concerns servicemen and their dependants so they could theoretically have stopped her for speeding off camp. As to getting her to bang her tabs into the CO, sounds like utter bollox to me or a sproggy monkey not having any idea what powers he has.
That would be full jurisdiction to apply the UK criminal law and if necessary bring dependant offenders to trial at the Standing Civilian Court. I have also taken an officers wife that route for cheque fraud and she appeared before the CO to be remanded to higher authority. I have also placed two wives in the Gren Gds guardroom on Xmas Day, that was fun!

Back to the story though you are right, either complete bollox, a complete twat or a cocky RP at the camp gate. Speak to your local RMP, they might smell but they don't bite.
 
#12
I would have thought that speeding on a civi road would have fook all to do with the monkeys, interfering twats.
 
#14
Billc in UK yes but in Germany it's the same as being dealt with by CivPol in UK. You wouldn't consider them interfering if your wife or family were victims now, would you?
 
#15
At a guess I would say he is talking out of his hoop.

RMPs in Germany have the CivPol with them when manning speed traps. And I am under teh impression that hte punishment comes from the German side.

The RMP do the pads etc. but the roads are german. Unless it was a road inside camp.

If you have the guys name, you could always enquire further. Might end up with him in front of the CO for talking utter poo.
 
#16
CF you are pretty wide of the mark. I can understand joind speed traps but RMP are equally capable of performing there own amd the military system capable of dealing with the offender on or off camp.

As for making an enquiry, this bloke, who posted for sound advice, doesn't need anyones name, just needs to go to the police station or ask his units CoC to make a call on his behalf.
 
#17
So if the car is speeding and they pull it, what do they do if it is a German car?

Apart from very limited joint traps just outside camp, I have not seen any sole RMP speed traps.
 
#18
If you are driving it legally probably call German Civil Police and let them process the offence. Lots of casefiles are started by German Police then handed to RMP for completion. There is another organisation which decides whether German Courts or Army will deal with the offender. Usually Rape or murder of German will go to German court whereas if the offence is against part of the service community it will go generally to GCM etc.
 
#19
You may want to get you Ahem “Friend” to read this document, specifically the Para’s below:

6.66. The question of whether alleged offences should be dealt with under UK military law or German criminal law is governed by the NATO Status of Forces Agreement (SOFA). Members of the civilian component (i.e. civil servants and other UK-based civilians working for the sponsored organisations such as NAAFI, SSVC, SSAFA etc) and dependants of Servicemen and of members of the civilian component should be aware that under section 209 of the Army Act 1955, and section 209 of the Air Force Act 1955, they are subject to military law. Visiting relations from the
UK temporarily staying in the household of a serviceman or member of the civilian component together with nannies, au-pairs etc are also subject to military law in this way. Military law applies to the employees of UK contractors if they have been specifically made subject to it by the Defence
Council.

6.67. Civilians who are subject to military law (as explained in para 6.66. above) may be tried under military jurisdiction for any alleged offence which, if it had occurred in England, could have resulted in trial in the criminal courts there. They may also be tried under military law for the purely military offences of disobedience to Standing Orders, obstructing Service police, resisting arrest, escaping from custody, contempt of court and offences against sentries and those on traffic control duty.

So technically, the CO can do quite a bit, not least withdraw her BFG driving permit
 
#20
Reading into that CAARPS and taking the original question into account, "could have resulted in trial in the criminal courts there."

She was let off, not fined or given a caution so therefore the CO has no remit to deal with it.

Would it not be akin to a PC in UK stopping a motorist for speeding, letting them off but saying 'by the way, you'll have to pop in to see the local judge for a wrist slapping'. Youre either fined/charged/cautioned or let off, not a mix and match of whatever the copper feels like surely?

As for RMP stopping vehicles on German highways; they can and will only do it if its a BFG vehicle (easy if its a UK plate, harder if its a German plated BFG car). There have been a couple of cases in the past where RMP have stopped UK registered cars and it turns out the occupants have nothing to do with Brit mil and are pukka tourists. 8O
 

Similar threads

Top