Widows pension

Discussion in 'Finance, Property, Law' started by Moonhead, Sep 17, 2007.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. My father served in the Coldstream guards for 22 years and received a pension. A few weeks ago he died. My mother is having great difficulty in getting any information from the MOD as to what % of his pension she will now receive and this is obviously causing her great distress. Does anyone have any information that I can use to help her or any links to useful sites. I have had a trawl around the net but have got nowhere fast.
    Many thanks.

2. Sorry to hear of your loss

Write to

Paymaster
    Sutherland House
    Russell Way
    CRAWLEY
    RH10 1UH

That was in a Paymaster newsletter I received, the newsletter can be viewed online at www.paymaster.co.uk

Edited to add:

the link is very slow at the moment but here are some more contact details:

Army queries: 0870 197 1510
    Fax: 01293 604024
    E-Mail: afppensions@xafinitypaymaster.co.uk

3. oldbaldy

oldbaldy LE Moderator Good Egg (charities)
    1. Battlefield Tours

Sorry to hear of you loss Moonhead.
    Unfortunately it is not as straight forward as giving a percentage.
    It depends upon when he served. Service before 1975 it is 33 1/33%, after that 50% but you could buy the extra years.

As Flyinghandbag says the people to contact are paymaster on the details shown plus your father should have received a newsletter in April together with his uprating notice.
    Any problems PM me.

4. Thank you for your replies gents, I have passed the info to my mother and she sends her thanks. I'll be contacting the paymaster tomorrow to see what I can find out.