Wide Load........

Discussion in 'ARRSE: Site Issues' started by BFG 9000, Jul 29, 2005.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Any possibility of setting a maximum width for avatars?
    Here's an example of a particularly bad one.

2. Good CO

Good CO LE Admin

This is an issue that has been bugging me for a while - the size of avatars and signatures. This is a problem both in dimensions (problem for folk wth low res monitors (1024x768 and below)), and fire size in KB / MB (problem for people with slow connections. I recently found a signature of 200 odd k for example - a couple of minutes of download for some people.

Therefore - problem recognised and to be dealt with.
  3. One has to ask, should we be encouraging the types with low res monitors and no broadband? Reeks of Rinky Dink Pikey filth. Poor people should not be allowed to access Arrse, they should be out working, providing for their families and such like.
  4. Could the criteria for admission be; if you aquired your PC at Lidl/Aldi, don't join in?

Or would that be too exclusive?
  5. I also have a personal dislike for anything that is AOL flavoured...........
  6. I agree, not because I am a cheapskate but frankly when you have seen the avatar once, you have seen it a thousand times, and signatures likewise.

The size of avatar and signature are usually inversely proportional to the actual amount or quality of the posts made by the culprit, and that ratio should give us a clear course of action.
  7. Good CO

Good CO LE Admin

Interesting point about AOL. I wonder if we should ban AOL users just in case it's infectious.