why would any man want to join anything, but the infantry?

Discussion in 'The Intelligence Cell' started by marc1745, Feb 9, 2007.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. i dont understand why any one joining the army would want to join anything other then the infanrty, and the tanks, ??????????????

2. Maybe it's because we also need medics, sappers, arty, loggies.............you see where this is going?

3. Auld-Yin

Auld-Yin LE Reviewer Book Reviewer Reviews Editor

'cos the PBI need the pack mules to keep us supplied, the saw doctors to patch us up again and the various other elements needed to keep the infantryman/tankie doing their job. Why do you think we are ALL called soldiers?

edit to add - This for the ******** methinks.

4. Im sure the infantry and "the tanks" will be pleased to have your somewhat random support.

Then again you probably dont understand a lot of things mate. :thumright:

5. What inspired you to join, anything other then the infantry?

6. Because once your rations, ammo ,water, fuel and everything else you take for granted has run out!! Then what???

Either a bite or a Wahh

7. I could do joined up writing.

8. Personally, i joined the British Army, that I'm part of an Infantry unit is down to a savage recruiting serjeant who hopefully now has died of cancer

9. I agree. We don't need air support, artillery support, paperwork, pay ect from the AGC, Engineer support, REME to fix our weapons and vehicles, intelligence gathering, cooks, logistic support in all shapes and sizes, RMP's to keep order, ect ect ect.........

The infantry can do it on their own. Just ask Hitler and Napoleon when they invaded Russia!

10. Only 4 posts, damn with wit like this chap you'd have thought he'd been around Arrse for ages (rather than just being an Arrse).

:roll:

11. Muppet! Away and boil yer head fella, or pop off down the local barracks and ask some lads to educate you.

Prune. :banned:

12. You're actually a bit of a knob arent you Marc?
    GSG9 desert boots. :slow:

13. I have a great feeling this boy is not even in any Army regiment. Either that, or he is on some big wind up.

14. I smell journo.

15. Now Now...thats not a nice thing to say in this day of political correctness....he evidently needs some "Contact Counselling"

Perhaps after some "R & D" has been done?