Why WMD havent been found in Iraq?

Why WMD haven`t been found in Iraq?

  • The WMD were transferred to Syria

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The search of the WMD was poor organised

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Saddam hid the WMD too well

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Because of Russian spy satelites

    Votes: 0 0.0%

  • Total voters
    0
#1
http://www.haaretz.com/hasen/pages/...ontrassID=0&sbSubContrassID=1&listSrc=Y&art=1

These senior officials, who are intimately familiar with Israeli intelligence material, still believe that Iraq really did have weapons of mass destruction.
...
"Why didn't we find the weaponry?" the Americans asked. The Israelis told them politely: because most of it was transferred to Syria before the war.
...
Material was transferred to Syria in the dark of the night, on the very eve of the war. Therefore, the Americans did not find it
...
The other explanation is expressed in more intimate circles in order to avoid irritating the American friend..."They simply don't know how to search properly,"
...
Some of these materials are still hidden in Iraq, the Israeli sources believe. Perhaps they will be found in the future.
 
#2
KGB_resident said:
http://www.haaretz.com/hasen/pages/rosnerBlog.jhtml?itemNo=658977&contrassID=25&subContrassID=0&sbSubContrassID=1&listSrc=Y&art=1

These senior officials, who are intimately familiar with Israeli intelligence material, still believe that Iraq really did have weapons of mass destruction.
...
"Why didn't we find the weaponry?" the Americans asked. The Israelis told them politely: because most of it was transferred to Syria before the war.
...
Material was transferred to Syria in the dark of the night, on the very eve of the war. Therefore, the Americans did not find it
...
The other explanation is expressed in more intimate circles in order to avoid irritating the American friend..."They simply don't know how to search properly,"
...
Some of these materials are still hidden in Iraq, the Israeli sources believe. Perhaps they will be found in the future.
'cos they are all in my shed...........
 
#3
the most sophiscated armed forces are posed on your borders .So so you send your deadliest weapon to another country for safe keeping .Liked that worked well with his air force didnt it . Barking madness .
balo monkey have you got chem or bio ? i got a nuke and some anthrax just need some vx to colmplete my collection could trade some plauge or
mustard for it :lol:
 
#4
woody said:
the most sophiscated armed forces are posed on your borders .So so you send your deadliest weapon to another country for safe keeping .Liked that worked well with his air force didnt it . Barking madness .
balo monkey have you got chem or bio ? i got a nuke and some anthrax just need some vx to colmplete my collection could trade some plauge or
mustard for it :lol:
a full spread of goodies - want to trade
 
#7
I remember reading somewhere that the security services in Northern Ireland never found a weapons cache without some sort of a tip off in 20 odd years (true? Hmmm!), so looking at the size of Iraq and the unwillingness to work with the Americans (mainly) and us british chaps, it could all be in a big hole somewhere.
 
#8
What about the missing option for the poll?

Because Saddam complied with the UN and actually got rid of them as Hans Blix and his cronies have hypothesised.

Surely not?
 
#9
I have my own opinions on the matter, but it seems to me that after a year plus of looking, if they were to suddenly announce "Here they are! We found them!" nobody would believe them anyway. "It's a CIA plant!"

That, and there my be diplomatic reasons for not making such an announcement, depending on what the situation might be.

NTM
 
#10
im in the G2 cell in the south of iraq and even we dont know why the elections were so quiet, perhaps the insurgents are waiting for the results to be published.
 
#11
Re: Why WMD haven't been found in Iraq?

FlagHead said:
im in the G2 cell in the south of iraq and even we dont know why the elections were so quiet, perhaps the insurgents are waiting for the results to be published.
Errr, thanks Flaghead. Not quite getting the hang of this Arrse thing are we?
 
#12
The yanks know what they had because they still have the receipts. They were able to account for about 97% but the other 3% is still missing. Of course it was sold on the proviso that it would be used against Iran.
 
#13
FNUSNU said:
The yanks know what they had because they still have the receipts. They were able to account for about 97% but the other 3% is still missing. Of course it was sold on the proviso that it would be used against Iran.
What about the other 99% of all recorded arms transfers to Iraq?



Now, we don't know who sold what chemical and biological weapons under the counter, of course ...
 
#15
Lord_Wentworth said:
What about the missing option for the poll?

Because Saddam complied with the UN and actually got rid of them as Hans Blix and his cronies have hypothesised.

Surely not?
It is within the option #4.

California_Tanker said:
I have my own opinions on the matter, but it seems to me that after a year plus of looking, if they were to suddenly announce "Here they are! We found them!" nobody would believe them anyway. "It's a CIA plant!"

That, and there my be diplomatic reasons for not making such an announcement, depending on what the situation might be.

NTM
Do you mean that after discovering real WMD in Iraq Bush/Blair would not make a statement because nobody would belive them? There were so many such statements that these noble statemen don't care to make one more especially if it is founded not on their rich imagination.
 
#16
I suppose Sergey the first question is "Do you believe Iraq ever had WMD?" Sadly, many in the civilian community have convinced themselves that the tin foil mob are right and they have never existed.
 
#17
Birdie_Numnums said:
I suppose Sergey the first question is "Do you believe Iraq ever had WMD?" Sadly, many in the civilian community have convinced themselves that the tin foil mob are right and they have never existed.
Birdie! Too different matters are united under a common name - WMD.

1) Nuclear weapons. It is really WMD, very dangerous thing and very effective to prevent any agression. Iraq hadn't Nuclear weapons and US/UK knew about it pretty well.

2) Biological weapons. Too dangerous for developers and for both sides in warfare. In this real situation it would be more dangerous namely for Iraqis. Unlikely that Iraqis had biological weapons (though technically it is possible).

3) Chemical weapons. It is well known that Iraq bought and used them. As to manufacturing then even the Americans haven't discovered any proof of it. It is possible to hide few hundreds barrels with chemical weapons but it is impossible to hide a plant there it was produced.

In 2002 Iraq I suppose had almost invisible quantity of chemichal weapons and it was not a difficult task to annihilate them. Probably it had been done.

So in 2003 there was no any WMD in Iraq. As to the poll then I never take part in ARRSE's poll (because I don't belong to British military). However my option is #4.
 
#18
Sergy, remove the tin foil hat and move away from the keyboard!

There is no WMD, they werent moved to Syria (US satelites would have seen them being moved), Saddam didnt hide them (he couldnt even hide himself and imagine the size difference!!) the Russians didnt help hide them (theyve enough of their own), Bush and Blair have even changed their stories to that of regime change rather than WMD for the invasion.
 
#19
Lord_Wentworth said:
Re: Why WMD haven't been found in Iraq?

FlagHead said:
im in the G2 cell in the south of iraq and even we dont know why the elections were so quiet, perhaps the insurgents are waiting for the results to be published.
Errr, thanks Flaghead. Not quite getting the hang of this Arrse thing are we?
:lol: :lol: :lol:
 
#20
Filbert Fox!

Let's look at your arguments:

they werent moved to Syria (US satelites would have seen them being moved), Saddam didnt hide them (he couldnt even hide himself and imagine the size difference!!)
Absolutely agree.

However, the WMD hadn't been 'discovered' because of the Russian spy satelites.

Now I understand why our dear PTP proposed use quote marks in my ironic sentences.
 

Latest Threads