Why were civilian deaths by the army so high during the Troubles?

Yup.
The Java refers to 137 Java Bty. though I actually did ex's with all of the bty's.
The slut that I am.
I only ever worked with 22, 39, 45, and 40, and was posted to 4, 5, and 47 regiments, can't remember which batteries.

FFS I worked with far too many gunners.

Found this ref. the Irish security forces. It's right at the bottom of this page.

Snip

IRISH REPUBLIC’S FORCES (5)

The Irish Republic’s armed forces have killed 2 members of the IRA, 1 during an attempted escape from a prison (1975), and 1 during an armed robbery (1988). They have killed 2 members of the INLA, 1 during a gun battle (1987), and 1 also during an armed robbery (1997). They have also killed 1 member of the rIRA, again during an armed robbery (1998)

Clearly, the Irish armed forces have got form for armed robberies ...

I only ever worked with 22, 39, 45, and 40, and was posted to 4, 5, and 47 regiments, can't remember which batteries.

FFS I worked with far too many gunners.
If you were not a plank, WHO THE **** DID YOU UPSET?

Lost lives, there was something weird on that one, apparently the writers got a grant to write it and made another lump of money when it sold out on royalties.
If that’s the case there should have been one delivered to every household in NI.
My own copy walked ages ago.
I have two - one is an update I think. I have begun compiling a spreadsheet on selected criteria - it is huge and I will probably change the criteria as I learn more, but it will allow me to make probing summaries from the numbers - it is the defining of the criteria vis a vis the accuracy and consistency of the detail. It took the authors seven years to write it.
I believe there is a film due soon regarding Lost Lives Lost Lives showing at Queen's Film Theatre, Belfast.

Latest Threads