"Why vegetarians should be force fed with lard"

Discussion in 'The Intelligence Cell' started by msr, May 12, 2006.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. msr

msr LE

2. oldbaldy

oldbaldy LE Moderator Good Egg (charities)
    1. Battlefield Tours

And what were you looking for when you found that gem?
    Slow Friday?

3. Some good points but personally I don`t eat meat because it looks like dog shite, a point he missed out :lol:

4. msr

msr LE

5. I skimmed over a lot of it, so forgive me if I missed it, but I didn't really notice any mention of people being vegetarians because they don't like the idea of something alive being killed for their own use. I say 'alive' I really mean something that is alive and has big cute eyes so you can feel bad about killing it.
    The point I did like was the hippies feeding their babies all vegetarian diets and getting ill. I'll have to remember that one as something to avoid.

I'm not a vegetarian by the way, I'm no poof.

6. Thats not what I heard :lol:

7. Groucho Marx summed it up perfectly (as always)

I'm not a vegetarian, but I eat animals who are.

8. I'm liking the farmer isn't cruel bit

"In the wild, a sheep would have to look for food, compete for it, jockey for position in the herd, look out for predators, guard its offspring, and it one day would die because of some accident, perhaps a fall, some nasty illness, or it would become weak and have its throat ripped out by the local predators. By striking contrast, the life of a farmed sheep is rather different. A farmed sheep has complete protection from predators; all the food of exactly its favourite kind at its feet all day every day, for which it does not have to compete; no competition for mates; no need to guard offspring; free health care; free haircuts; it is very unlikely to die in childbirth, and unlikely to die a nasty death"

Sheep, free haircuts and vegetarianism

Excellent

9. I'm liking the farmer isn't cruel bit

"In the wild, a sheep would have to look for food, compete for it, jockey for position in the herd, look out for predators, guard its offspring, and it one day would die because of some accident, perhaps a fall, some nasty illness, or it would become weak and have its throat ripped out by the local predators. By striking contrast, the life of a farmed sheep is rather different. A farmed sheep has complete protection from predators; all the food of exactly its favourite kind at its feet all day every day, for which it does not have to compete; no competition for mates; no need to guard offspring; free health care; free haircuts; it is very unlikely to die in childbirth, and unlikely to die a nasty death"

Sheep, free haircuts and vegetarianism

Excellent

10. liked it so much i said it twice

11. Next post down from the article is the really interesting one...
    Looks like Newcastle University values random emails from VegiNazis more highly than freedom of speech. Makes you wonder what they would have done if someone published a cartoon denigrating vegetables...

12. pdf - Stunning
    Is there a Newcastle Uni Email Address or website to bombard?

Veggies of the world unite - 500 miles west of the Scily Isles please,

13. he missed - "and if you are not supposed to eat animals - how come god made them out of meat?"

Vegitarians, are on my list right next to gwars.

Rincewind

14. oldbaldy

oldbaldy LE Moderator Good Egg (charities)
    1. Battlefield Tours

Vegetables aren't food.
    Food eats vegetables