why the wait????????

Discussion in 'Join the Army - Regular Soldier Recruitment' started by rlc:chef, Feb 18, 2010.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. i passed my 2 day course in november i got a grade c.#
    when i went to the careers office he said its just a matter of waiting for the 1st of march to swing bye how come am still waiting for confimation??
    oh and am joining as rlc chef if that helps ive spoke to sgt at careers he tells me he dont no anything so here i am in search for some advice
    many thanks :? :? :? :?

2. oh and i have not done my oath yet!!!!

3. Im affraid everyone has to wait to get into training now mate. Thers not much you can do but just wait till a date comes through and keep your self fit, if its what you realy want then you will wait it out nad youl be in soon ! just keep on phoning your recruiter every few weeks and ask for an update. Even the infantry has a waiting list !

4. I thought army chef was a fast track job? i dunno

5. chrisg46

chrisg46 LE Book Reviewer

Mate of mine (TA) came off tour in early 2008, applied to go reg about 6-12 months later. Is still waiting for a joining date...

6. What happens on the 1st of March?

7. 1st of March is an intake date at Pirbright. Chef's usually is quite quick but you got a grade c, so expect to wait longer whilst all those better than you i.e grades A + B get their dates first.

8. 1st time I joined the Army: 1 year from applying to starting.
    2nd time(this time): 1 year 1 month, still waiting. However also note I'm changing trade choice so naturally expecting a bit of wait from that lone as old corps confirms with new one, still hoping it's going to be good news when news comes...
    :lol: