Why the hell would you......??

Discussion in 'The NAAFI Bar' started by chasndave, Sep 22, 2008.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Sat in the house at the mo waiting on a parcel delivery, then it's back to work, more's the pity.

Anyway, Channel 5 (not known as a centre of excellence in TV, admittedly) has "Trisha" gracing the waves, and true to form the UK's unwashed are making a spectacle of themselves. Bawling, screaming, effing-and-blinding, the lot.

Question is; why would you humiliate yourself by appearing on a show like this, or Jeremy Kyle or similar type programme? Surely these "people" must know that they're going to be humiliated?
  2. in_the_cheapseats

in_the_cheapseats LE Moderator

Because each has the brain the size of a maggot. 15 minutes of fame, even it is ritual humiliation, is good enough.
  3. Valid point mate. Looking at some of these excuses for people, you really do have to wonder!
  4. Biped

Biped LE Book Reviewer

Mis-read your moniker there old bean. Thought it said ChavinDays :D

These shows are very good IMHO.

When I had some personal travails, I was very pleased that the manner of solving them was by addressing those I felt at fault in a manner that not only provided me with witnesses to my claims, and extra, unbiased views on the matter, but support in carrying through the actions that needed to be taken to address the issues raised.

The issues that I was unhappy with related to my cousin, once removed, who'd been sleeping with my other cousin when she found out that the cousin in question had also had an affair with my mum DURING that relationship. She told my mum's boyfriend at the time which meant that he came out of rehab, beat up my mum, screwed my sister, got back on the smack, killed my other cousin and is now in Broadmoor. Had it not been for my cousin twice twice removed opening his big mouth, we'd not be in this predicament, and it's only thanks to the intervention of this show that I managed to get people to see the injustice of it all, and for my cousin to apologise, and thus, allow us to get on better.

We are having a baby, but I'm not sure if it's mine.
  5. Probably get offered a top up of the giro a night in a plush hotel (campanile) and some free special brew/strong cider in a 2 ltr bottle from Lidl and some hash or skag....a nice day out for them even dressed up in their best Burberry clothes
  6. yeah but its brilliant viewing! i could spend all day sat on my arrse watching them and shouting at the tv as they make fools of themselves while i drink beer and scoff loads of snacks... hang on! i think im turning into of them! JEREMY HELP!
  7. You mean these shows use real people?And it is not a new soap opera?
    So the guy saying that he was shagging his sister's cousin on his wedding day,whilst being egged on by the rest of the rugby team,and the bridesmaid's were doing the rest of the Back Row,and filming it for his Uface page,is not an actor?
  8. Had a "couple" who went to that there London to appear on one of these shows about domestic violence. Put up in a hotel the night before the show and both got nicked for.........a domestic violence incident.