Why the Americans are being attacked in Iraq?

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by KGB_resident, Jun 24, 2008.

?
  1. I have no idea

6.0%
  2. The majority of attackers are terrorists

14.0%
  3. It is mainly personal revenge

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. Because of anti-American propaganda

14.0%
  5. Thanks to American films filled with violence

4.0%
  6. The attackers are being paid by external forces

32.0%
  7. It is just a fight against occupants

30.0%

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20080624/ap_on_re_ca/iraq;_ylt=AkctKn1xW4hky0c8kS3fDshw24cA

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20080624/ap_on_re_mi_ea/iraq;_ylt=AgVradChYh7w9h3M0Ga_3aVw24cA

So, why the Americans are being attacked in Iraq?

2. I expect it is because it is easier to attack them there, than in the USA?

3. I think to be accurate you would have to choose about 5 of those options there.

4. I think the American's stole the Iraqi's stockpile of marshmallows and are quite annoyed at them over that.

5. I thought it was because they ruined the tourist trade. Shows you how much I know about these things.

6. Biped

Biped LE Book Reviewer

I think maybe they were trying to kill shoppers going about their lawful Souk business, and the septics were collateral damage maybe.

7. I heard rumours that there was some kind of invasion a few years ago, although I can't find any confirmation of this. Anyone got details?

8. its an urban myth apparently.

9. old_fat_and_hairy

old_fat_and_hairy LE Book Reviewer Reviews Editor

No, no. You have it all wrong. It's because the Americans keep getting mixed up with the perfectly legitimate and lawfully organised wedding parties. You know the ones. They celebrate by firing off AK74s, RPgs and IEDs. It's all just a terrible misunderstanding.

10. Probably all of the above but more likely the same reason your Soviet comrades were attacked because a foreign force is there and they do not approve (to put it mildly).
    Same reason any western nationals are being attacked. However I do feel that you should have mentioned religion as well in your poll. Essentially the conflicts are between generally Christian nations and Muslim nations (hence why Pakistani, Saudi, Iranian etc insurgents are involved too)

(as soon as I saw "america" in the title I knew it would be you Sergey)

11. Is that like the lost city of New Orleans?

12. No, they found that, someone had put a lake on top of it.

13. Biped

Biped LE Book Reviewer

Do you think there was malicious intent when those nasty insurgents did that?

I have heard that guys with long beards have been going on courses in the Lake District recently.

14. I have heard that Iraqis were liberated from brutal dictator Husain Saad who threaned to bomb Tony Blair within 45 minutes using nuclear weapons.

Also there were problems with Abu Graib hotel. It was not 5-stars, but only 4-stars because Pentagon failed to find 5-stars general to run the hotel.

Generally speaking Iraq is another name for Mesopotamia and forefathers of the Americans lived here before Iraqis. Read the Bible. Abraham was born and lived in Mesopotamia. Later he (or his relative with the same name) became American president killed by Ba'ath (or Booth don't remember exactly) terrorist.

15. Hey now thats a good point of view.
    I wonder if those who have no belief would think it all a farce.
    Not me of course I'm Christian and proud of it.
    But I bet those who have no religion would state that we should not protect ourselves against jihad, or indeed that the USA should not have gone to Iraq in the first place.