Why the #1 Engine keeps flaming out!

Discussion in 'Aviation' started by Trip_Wire, Oct 28, 2006.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Trip_Wire

Trip_Wire RIP

See attachef pic.:

Attached Files:

2. Oooooh, there are going to be tears before bedtime!

3. Why did they let a flight attendant into the cockpit :? :lol:

4. A set up Shirley !
    john

5. Lousy photo-shop job ,but a funny pic none the less . I have seen that view quite a bit (minus the handbag).

6. As the handle has not been turned to activate the extinguisher, the engine would not flame out.

You can also see that the instruments indicate that #1 is running normally.
    If anything, #3 is running slightly faster and hotter than the rest!

BASICS!!!

7. Just an observation . . . I think you may need to get out more . . . :wink: :wink: :wink: :p :p :p

8. The fact that I do, means that I know a bit about the subject matter!

Perhaps your comment should be turned around.
    As someone who claims to be a pilot, based at the school, you don't know very much do you!

:wink:

9. Silsoe Sid said

As the handle has not been turned to activate the extinguisher, the engine would not flame out

and then He said

The fact that I do, means that I know a bit about the subject matter!

Perhaps your comment should be turned around.
    As someone who claims to be a pilot, based at the school, you don't know very much do you!

Unfortunatley Sid neither do you . On this particular aircraft type , the handle does not turn ,it pulls straight out . The photoshopper has attempted to show this but done a poor job . Trust me pull the handle out the engine stops . I do agree however that the # 1engine is still running.

Not sure I agree with the faster or hotter comments either, #3's RPM looks dead on 100% to me and since its a constant speed engine its not going to change , since the engines are also synchrophased they will all be within 1% or so of each other any way . As for Hotter well the big needle on the TIT gauge is in roughly the same place for all the TIT indicators and there isn't enough resolution to read the Digital portion of the TIT gauge so I am at a loss to see how you can say its running hotter.
    It is producing slightly more Horsepower than the others though which leads me to suspect that the crew are flying at a constant TIT for all four engines as if they were flying using Horsepower the flight engineer would have matched them all perfectly.

10. Sorry Cat,

Someone had to fall for it!
    The handle is in fact a guard. A handle would pull straight out and not pivot! (observe the switch behind, as illustrated in the flight manual! :wink: )

If you look closer at the guages, ie the gauge within the gauge, you will see the more accurate indications!

11. Ha ha, Someone has replaced the pilots head with a womans! Everyone knows all (male or female) pilots carry handbags anyway!

12. Sid, I fell for nothing ,
    arguing on the internet is pointless . Suffice to say I know it is a handle,not a guard, I know it pulls straight out, almost a foot in fact, I know about the little red switch underneath the handle (it discharges the fire extinguisher )and I know about the little gauges inside a gauge and stand by all I have said. The # 1'E' handle (thats what they are called in the flight manual ;) )in this photo has been photo shopped to stick out and down, in the aircraft it cannot, no matter what,end up in the position shown , it should either match #2,#3 #4 or be sticking out a lot further than it is , of course if it was sticking out further the #1 engine would not be running regardless of the little red button.

13. Well, this will have to stay as a disagreement then.
    Having downloaded the FM, I still cannot agree with your version of the systems operation.

That is all.
    SS

14. Eh Ladies, I think the origional pic was a joke or do you two just like bitching .