Why still 999 for the Police/Fire service or Medical assistance?

ICE is a suffix you add to contacts in your phone that you want notified if you end up in, say, hospital having been found unconscious - i.e. you're already in the hands of the emergency services, not summoning them. How some A&E nurse is supposed to nosey through your contacts when she doesn't know the pattern for your unlock screen is a mystery, however.
Face ID or Touch ID should work unless you've been mangled a bit.

NSP

LE
I think I'd rather they just flicked open my wallet and saw the critical info (allergies/meds, etc.) and NoK details card in the bit with the window in it, really.

Nomad1382

War Hero
I think I'd rather they just flicked open my wallet and saw the critical info (allergies/meds, etc.) and NoK details card in the bit with the window in it, really.
Which will be ignored. I have a Medic-Alert bracelet for a penicillin allergy, during the 8 weeks I was in an EMT course only one student noticed it, despite all of them using that wrist to check my pulse. Also after to vehicle accidents, the medics also failed to notice it, again after checking the pulse on that wrist. On on accident, I was on duty and had my blood type and allergy written in huge white block letters on my body armor.

...And how many people know that dialling 911 in the UK also gets one the constabulary?
Yes but the operator answers "Emergency. Which service do you require? Fire, Police, Ambulance or Diplomatic Immunity?"

Whats wrong with Whitehall 1212 or 2301212.
It must have been quite a chore when the automatic exchanges were introduced in London to match the alpha-numeric codes on the old pulse telephones to meaningful and memorable words (like WHI- Whitehall )
Especially as the GPO tried to produce names that were meaningful to the area of the exchange.
While the early ones must have been easier and obvious, like ABBey for Westminster and BRIxton, they must have had to get creative with the later ones with the remaining possible ccombinations.
Who would have guessed that DILigence was Wembley, for example?
Not that you had to know of course, people knew that when you dialled a quoted number- like Whitehall 1212 you just dialled the first three letters

You would be surprised how many older phones are out there....mine was a Nexus 5 (back in 2017 - the phone was realeased in early 2013) ...so after a few hours of medical treatment and after I opened my eyes , they finally managed to unlock it and call my folk telling them where I was and what condition I was in.

craven50

Old-Salt
For when you absolutely, positively need the emergency services to be faffing about with your phone instead of saving your life.
Nowadays I would not rely on the emergency services to find me! I will take my chance with first responders. :D
Times change for the worst unfortunately!

As a first responder, I've arrived at an incident quite a few times before the ambulance, that said, it is a rural county and that's why we're here in the first place - to render assistance until the ambulance arrives. ;)