Why so many blokes offing the families?

Discussion in 'The Intelligence Cell' started by re-stilly, Jan 16, 2012.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. There seems to be a plethora of blokes killing their partners and kids at the moment, so what is going on.

Is it if there is a break up and it is heading for the courts the guy realises that he isn't going to get to see the kids?

Is it a case if I can't have you then no one else will?

It seems that is a thing of the last 3-5 years, I don't remember much of this sort of thing in the 80's, 90's.

2. Cheaper than a divorce and the effects ie jail term, don't last as long?

3. My feeling is that its more due to financial problems than marriage break-up. I know that there have been recessions before in recent history, but perhaps the commercial pressures are greater now, and fathers feel that they are 'failing' if they don't have the resources to deliver the latest technology, Nikes and holidays, etc...
    Faced with losing their job, the future looks bleak and some people snap - the more people see it, the more it is normalised, and the more it happens.
    I have no proof for this, it just seems likely to me.

4. Good point but a lot are topping themselves afterwards, so sort of negates that point a bit.

5. It's the recession, everybody's skint, and they're just too expensive to run nowadays. There isn't a centre you can leave them at like cats n' dogs.

6. Can't imagine hurting my kids, but the amount of thought gone into offing the wife is worrying.
    Her " Why you watching CSi? Its a bit morbid"
    Me "Research"

• Like Like x 4
  7. Aye, I have the same thoughts.
    I'd never dream of pushing her down the stairs and claim she tripped though. Only because she'd probably survive and end up a paraplegic, with me having to look after her.

• Like Like x 1
  8. TheIronDuke

TheIronDuke LE Book Reviewer

Bollocks. Nutters move among us. They always have. They always will. Spar wide of the nutty ******* bastards. Better they do their wives and kids than start on honest tax paying folk like you and me.

******* nutters.

• Like Like x 1
  9. nagging women.

• Like Like x 1
  10. Serious bit of bad planning on their part. It would be easier to get someone in, that way he can keep hold of the dosh.

11. TheIronDuke

TheIronDuke LE Book Reviewer

Nah, that always goes wrong. Always turns out the steely eyed death dealer for hire works for the filth, or worse, the Sun.

What you want is a summer party. Plenty of witnesses and the kids picking flowers in the meadow. Then, "Could you get me the ice bucket out of the shed honey?"

Then a massive explosion and forensics find fingerprints from a random itinerant Russian. It is high risk but better than popping your wife and kids than shooting yourself in the head.

A poor story is survivable. A bullet in the head is less so.

12. I dont suppose anyone really knows what is going on in their minds.A good friend of mine shot his ex partner in front of their children then shot himself.He had said he didnt want anyone else to have her.He also told a doctor a few weeks before he had thoughts of blowing her head off so looks like he planned it all.

13. More like why isn't there more of it?....the feckin leeches.

14. If you knew beforehand that he was considering it, you should have shopped him and saved 2 lives. But you didn't. Their blood is on your hands.
    Do you sleep well at night?
    And the doctor should be called to answer to his College for dereliction of duty.

• Like Like x 2