Why silver shaddows?

Discussion in 'Army Reserve' started by richy4, Jul 7, 2010.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. So why do we still get issued Hi-Tec Silver Shaddows and not UK Gear PT-03 SC?

2. To quote U2, "We're one, but we're not the same".

Q

Edit - punc.

3. " We get to carry each other, carry each other "

4. Does anybody Regular or TA wear the issue road slappers anyway? Never used to do.

5. Because there is still a warehouse full of them? The sooner the Silver Shad warehouse is empty the sooner everyone gets the PT wotsits.

Trash 'em, exchange, trash again. You should be getting through a pair of trainers a year anyway.

6. I think they will do more damage than good wearing them to run in........ might give them to the dog as a toy.

7. They are to increase the pain level during PT ... so a hard but enjoyable session is turned into a painful toture session ...

8. Because you've got to have something to do the decorating in that doesn't ruin your running shoes!!

9. If I dig in my garage, I bet I can find my (unworn) olive green made-only-for-the-army trainers from 20 yrs ago. Last I heard, there was an entire warehouse full of 'em at Donnington.

You get Silver Shadows, 'cos they are (even) cheaper than the above (bit like SA80A1, perhaps?)

Look at it this way: with a T-shirt and a pair of Ron Hills above your Shadows, you'll be dressed in the height of 1980s squaddy leisure wear chic. Dress wifey the same, but delete "Shadows", Insert "White high heels", and you'll have the 80s theme party cracked.

10. Just seen Silver Shadows on sale in Sports Direct - £29.99.

They were in the retro fashion section.....

11. I can beat that price: £17.99 from the nice West Indian chap who peddles footwear in Candleford Village hall once a month.

Oldest boy needed shoes for his new job as a lifeguard - didn't want them even for that, not even at that
    low price.

12. But runners seem to like them :0 Hi-Tech Silver shadow - Runners Forum

I had the ones previous to these which we called the Green Goddess' purely because everyone was issued them two sizes to big and they looked like firemens wellies! None of us would get blown over in the wind!! I still have an unworn pair in the loft...ebay here I come!!

13. Lord! I was issued them when I was in brats in 87! They were on trial back then, and compared with doing PT in white daps they were a godsend. They may be cheap and ugly, but compared to what they replaced you really don't have much to complain about.

14. My wife insists that I wear my green Silver Shadows when we make love, she says that they make me look dangerous. I think she means that they make look like I've escaped from the special ward.

15. PT03s are overrated anyway. Bought one pair and they soon fell apart. Replaced them with another make and had less trouble and they are still going.