Why Should Britain Tremble???

Bought a copy of the Sun today - only because a nice Asda lady told me I could get a fiver off my groceries with the coupon inside. I don't know how to link it from their website, but there's an article by Tom Newton Dunn, the Political Editor about the 1,400 staff at HM Treasury receiving a 72 page manual entitled "An Introduction to Stress Awareness and Management". It contains some outstanding advice such as " It's ok to give less than 100 per cent, be inconsistent, fail, stop competing, be mad :crash: , sad and glad, switch off, daydream, relax, cry, show my feelings, need people, please myself, do what I want, be me ." ( Barf!)
This is sh*t hot stuff. I never realised that HM Government was so enlightened. When the going gets tough and the economy crumbles to ratsh*t, fuckin ignore it. Brilliant!
I feel greatly comforted in the knowledge that the MOD is surely an equally first rate employer which supports its staff in all aspects of its work :scratch: :pissedoff:

Tastytoggle said:
... " It's ok to give less than 100 per cent, be inconsistent, fail, stop competing, be mad :crash: , sad and glad, switch off, daydream, relax, cry, show my feelings, need people, please myself, do what I want, be me ."...
Have you been reading my CR?...

CW

Quis Separabit
Vestigia Nulla Retrorsum

Tastytoggle said:
Bought a copy of the Sun today - only because a nice Asda lady told me I could get a fiver off my groceries with the coupon inside. I don't know how to link it from their website, but there's an article by Tom Newton Dunn, the Political Editor about the 1,400 staff at HM Treasury receiving a 72 page manual entitled "An Introduction to Stress Awareness and Management". It contains some outstanding advice such as " It's ok to give less than 100 per cent, be inconsistent, fail, stop competing, be mad :crash: , sad and glad, switch off, daydream, relax, cry, show my feelings, need people, please myself, do what I want, be me ." ( Barf!)
This is sh*t hot stuff. I never realised that HM Government was so enlightened. When the going gets tough and the economy crumbles to ratsh*t, * ignore it. Brilliant!
I feel greatly comforted in the knowledge that the MOD is surely an equally first rate employer which supports its staff in all aspects of its work :scratch: :pissedoff:
Why? I give 100% every week.

25% on Monday
20% on Tuesday
15% on Wednesday
10% on Thursday
30% on Friday (Want to get the hell out of there)

Tastytoggle said:
Bought a copy of the Sun today - only because a nice Asda lady told me I could get a fiver off my groceries with the coupon inside. I don't know how to link it from their website, but there's an article by Tom Newton Dunn, the Political Editor about the 1,400 staff at HM Treasury receiving a 72 page manual entitled "An Introduction to Stress Awareness and Management". It contains some outstanding advice such as " It's ok to give less than 100 per cent, be inconsistent, fail, stop competing, be mad , sad and glad, switch off, daydream, relax, cry, show my feelings, need people, please myself, do what I want, be me ." ( Barf!)
This is sh*t hot stuff. I never realised that HM Government was so enlightened. When the going gets tough and the economy crumbles to ratsh*t, * ignore it. Brilliant!
I feel greatly comforted in the knowledge that the MOD is surely an equally first rate employer which supports its staff in all aspects of its work
Why do you find this surprising? New Labour's latest job creation scheme is sucking in all sorts - so you expect a lowering of standards. Official evidence below:-

The number of people in public sector employment was 6.09 million in September 2009, up 23,000 from June 2009.
The number of people in private sector employment was 22.83 million, down 29,000 from June 2009.
Employment in central government increased by 31,000. Employment in local government decreased by 3,000 and public corporations decreased by 5,000.
The number of people in public sector employment was 6.04 million in June 2009, up 13,000 from March 2009.
The number of people in private sector employment was 22.85 million, down 230,000 from March 2009.
The number of people in public sector employment was 6.02 million in March 2009, up 15,000 from December 2008.
The number of people in private sector employment was 23.09 million, down 286,000 from December 2008.
The number of people in public sector employment was 5.78 million in December 2008, up 15,000 from September 2008.
The number of people in private sector employment was 23.60 million, down 13,000 from September 2008.
The number of people in public sector employment was 5.76 million in September 2008, up 14,000 from June 2008.
The number of people in private sector employment was 23.61 million, down 128,000 from June 2008.
The number of people in public sector employment was 5.77 million in June 2008, up 13,000 from March 2008.
The number of people in private sector employment was 23.77 million, down 29,000 from March 2008.
The number of people in public sector employment was 5.76 million in March 2008, down 20,000 from December 2007.
The number of people in private sector employment was 23.80 million, up 96,000 from December 2007.
The number of people in public sector employment was 5.78 million in December 2007, up 7,000 from September 2007.
The number of people in private sector employment was 23.68 million, up 159,000 from September 2007.
As a point of interest, there were 5.18 million in public sector employment when New Labour came to power in 1997. In effect, the creation of about 900,000 jobs. Whilst the military has shed how many?

Yes but,

HM Treasury HR introduce employees to stress with a 72 page "Stress Awareness and Management" manual, thus completing the circle of life.

B

udipur

LE
Book Reviewer
whitecity said:
As a point of interest, there were 5.18 million in public sector employment when New Labour came to power in 1997. In effect, the creation of about 900,000 jobs. Whilst the military has shed how many?
Wouldn't have anything to do with the crucial 'swing' vote in an election would it?

The parties don't worry too much about the core hardliners, it's the 600,000 who float that make the result.

Create 900,000 new jobs, you're in with a chance of gratitude... Call me a cynic.