Why Should Britain Tremble???

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by Tastytoggle, Jan 28, 2010.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Bought a copy of the Sun today - only because a nice Asda lady told me I could get a fiver off my groceries with the coupon inside. I don't know how to link it from their website, but there's an article by Tom Newton Dunn, the Political Editor about the 1,400 staff at HM Treasury receiving a 72 page manual entitled "An Introduction to Stress Awareness and Management". It contains some outstanding advice such as " It's ok to give less than 100 per cent, be inconsistent, fail, stop competing, be mad :crash: , sad and glad, switch off, daydream, relax, cry, show my feelings, need people, please myself, do what I want, be me ." ( Barf!)
    This is sh*t hot stuff. I never realised that HM Government was so enlightened. When the going gets tough and the economy crumbles to ratsh*t, fuckin ignore it. Brilliant!
    I feel greatly comforted in the knowledge that the MOD is surely an equally first rate employer which supports its staff in all aspects of its work :scratch: :pissedoff:

2. Have you been reading my CR?...

CW

Quis Separabit
    Vestigia Nulla Retrorsum

3. Why? I give 100% every week.

25% on Monday
    20% on Tuesday
    15% on Wednesday
    10% on Thursday
    30% on Friday (Want to get the hell out of there)

• Funny Funny x 1
  4. I'll warm up the outrage bus. Nothing suprises me anymore in this country.

5. Why do you find this surprising? New Labour's latest job creation scheme is sucking in all sorts - so you expect a lowering of standards. Official evidence below:-

As a point of interest, there were 5.18 million in public sector employment when New Labour came to power in 1997. In effect, the creation of about 900,000 jobs. Whilst the military has shed how many?

6. Yes but,

HM Treasury HR introduce employees to stress with a 72 page "Stress Awareness and Management" manual, thus completing the circle of life.

B

7. udipur

udipur LE Book Reviewer

Wouldn't have anything to do with the crucial 'swing' vote in an election would it?

The parties don't worry too much about the core hardliners, it's the 600,000 who float that make the result.

Create 900,000 new jobs, you're in with a chance of gratitude... Call me a cynic.