why rediign the uniform?

Discussion in 'Military Clothing & Boots' started by HMarmedforcesRM396, Jul 26, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Just out of interest why did the MOD not just make mtp clothing in the same design as cs95? Why redesign the whole thing? Also what is your opinion on mtp? Would you say it works? I'm not sure.
  2. Because they found a more practical design, better suited to today's conflicts and soldiers.
  3. What's a rediign? Can't answer the question as I can't find the word in the Oxford English Dictionary.
  4. Mr_Fingerz

Mr_Fingerz LE Book Reviewer

The OP has a typing impediment.

He can't type.
  5. 2nd thread on this subject? Seriously?
  6. Oh **** off, got to be a shit truely shit wind up.

7. Seems gen! It's either Walter Mitties or ACF instructors starting these sort of threads.
  8. No no, this is genuine. I met HMforces guy hanging around RM Lympstone's Train Station handing out blowjobs for daggers. Gen up! Easiest 30 miler I've ever done!
  9. It was redesigned to make fat soldiers look even fatter. It's a mocking thing.
    • Like Like x 1
  10. The OP I believe is still at school, and despite a mixture of gentle guidance and abject insult seems to be inexorably drawn to ARRSE like a hungry urchin to Mrs Miggins pie shop window, usually to start repetitive threads about uniform and kit or to resurrect threads which were more defunct than a certain oft mentioned rifle of yore.
    • Like Like x 1
  11. He's a ******* weirdo, at his age I was spending every spare minute throwing myself around my bedroom to the sights of the lingerie section of the catalogue.
    The ***** got access to the internet and a world full of free smut, yet hes here posting shite about uniform.
    Mark my words he's a serial killer in the making.
    • Like Like x 10
  12. and the second thread on uniform, the f**kin Derp.
  13. This'll be another one who'll rock up to phase 1 wearing his own chest rig and cam cream then jack it in about week 4.

Sent in a harsh font, using finger paints
    • Like Like x 2
  14. As this is not in the NAAFI...

Speculative answers in descending order of seriousness..

1. It was found that the Desert pattern camouflage was not suitable for the "green zone" bordering Helmand..

2. Someone did a spreadsheet model that showed it was cheaper to have a single pattern temperate/desert pattern across the services instead of two/three discrete ranges (forgetting however to add the costs of the existing stockpile into account.)

3. Clothing is one of the few high turnover items that the staff can change without incurring very high capital costs and that can be done within a staff posting cycle. Introducing something = ticks in the box = M/O/CBE - so it will happen, again and again and again...

4. Directorate Clothing and Textiles (dominated by the Household brigade!) justifying it's existence..

5. Strong evidence of the over feminisation of the chain of command...!
  15. Ok firstly I didn't mean to make 2 threads, the title has a typo in. As for asking about the pcs clothing, I understand that they have replaced the buttons with Velcro as it won't be uncomfortable under body armour. However, do you guys actually wear the shirt under body armour when on operations?
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.