Why not just say they are black?

Discussion in 'The NAAFI Bar' started by destroyer, Jul 28, 2008.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Why is it that when a "white male/female" commits a crime, the offender is described as a white male/female? Yet when it is a "black" offender there is hardly ever, if any, mention of their colour.

There are two recent incidents that come to mind. Firstly the two PCSO's beaten up in Croydon, were attacked by a group of black youths. There was no mention of their colour, which in fact has some bearing on the dynamics of the situation.

Then secondly there was an incident on a plane where a hostess was bottled and an attempt was made to open the emergency door. The offenders were described as Briitish, with the ommision of their colour. One may contend that the colour reference is superfluous, but then why refer to it when it's a white person commiting an offence?

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/7527873.stm

I hope this hasn't come across as racist, as this is not my intention, I just want to point out a journalistic discrepancy.

2. You looking to hire a wagon and some horses? We can throw in the pitchforks and torches for free.

3. I've got some buckshee white sheets if you need them...............

4. I have a cross we didn't use last year as rain stopped our meeting from taking place. It's yours for ten quid mate!

Edit to add: Jerrican of petrol will cost you extra though.

5. Jesus blimmin' christ. I know im not genius, what a shite post.

You want the truth destroyer?

Its because the jew media and ZOG (zionist Occupation Government) want to warp our noble white minds so we can all be enslaved by the mud peoples.

ffs....

6. I don't think it's a shite post, make the thing equal and mention the skin colour for all or none at all, just the same if there was a music of white origin award this year ???? You may have opened the can here Destroyer but started a bit of a decent debate/rant, well done.

7. It might be a tad unpleasant but it is a valid point.
    Presumably we are told when the naughty people are white to prove some kind of point and obviously when the naughty people are black its not the right message to tell us so?
    You would think that somebody would eventually realise that all "positive discrimination" achieves is to piss off average bloke in the street.
    If its relevant to tell us when an offender is white then its relevant if they are black too.

8. oldbaldy

oldbaldy LE Moderator Good Egg (charities)
    1. Battlefield Tours

I can supply a cross, some petrol & matches......

Wouldn't want to see him improperly dressed.

9. :D

10. Perhaps it is a conscious attempt to counterbalance the racist held (and wildly inaccurate) viewpoint that all crime is exclusively committed by black people?

But I agree with the comment above, the whole issue of Music of Black Origin (MOBO) awards is racially offensive and perpetuates division. To label someone as being racist simply for mentioning it is just daft.

Presumably the deliberate omission of the colour of someone's skin (if they are non white) and the tacit promotion of the MOBO awards and other forms of cultural appeasment have been promoted by the PC brigade. Shame, it is patronising to black people, offensive to white people and merely perpetuates stereotyping.

Whatever next? Transgender chat hosts and celebrity performances? Oh no, that's already been done to death bi J(I)an Hamilton

11. Don't get me wrong, I am not the all grand arbiter of good conversation but in what way is this a good topic?

Is it really thought provoking? Hasn't it been discussed a thousand times before by the same people that sday things like "Now, im a not a racist but...." or "Black people? yeah my sister married one didn't she, nice bloke, they're not all bad eh".

Its the sought of debate you'd here on Talksport by that cnut Jon Gaunt where the white van driving Scum readers get all irate and bothered and phone up full of bile and vitriol.

And, why bother mentioning the race anyway? We know the beeb is honycombed with communists and lets face it, the beeb is always banging on about black crime, or to be more precise, black on black crime.

12. Look, erm, I'm not racist at all, but this complete non-story is starting to erode the huge chips on both my shoulders :roll:

13. I agree completely, I don't understand the point MOBO etc, I mean, surely by creating this they are creating divisions?

And lets face it, Urban black culture (I'll be honest, I cannot think of a definition of black culture, but I know I hate rap/hiphop/ music and shitty low rise jeans) is rife in inner cities.

14. It's funny how some people are insinuating that I am a racist for bringing up such a point, when my intention was solely to make an honest observation of what I percieve to be an inequality in reporting methods.

The problem these days is that you can't even discuss issues pertaining to "ethnic minorities" without being shouted down or accussed of being a racist.

15. How is it that black people can come out with racist shit ? This fucking Estelle no mark bumps her gums.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/music/2008/mar/28/news.race

"Singling out Adele and Duffy, who she knocked off the number one spot at the weekend, she says: "I'm not mad at them, but I'm wondering - how the hell is there not a single black person in the press singing soul? Adele ain't soul. She sounds like she heard some Aretha records once, and she's got a deeper voice - that don't mean she's soul. That don't mean nothing to me in the grand scheme of my life as a black person. As a songwriter, I get what they do. As a black person, I'm like: you're telling me this is my music? Fuck that!"

"My music"

There you go fellas ( and lasses and all of you from all colours, creeds and that sh1t)

Let that one boil your p1ss for a while.