Why nobody wants to be a battalion commander in the Army Reserve

My point which may have escaped your hillbilly thought process was simple

one army concept regardless of previous service.

I know it’s hard for you to comprehend, your guard and reserve volunteered for the recent war on terrorism
My Hillbilly thought process? I was asked if the AGR staff in National Guard units are regular army soldiers and I answered it. You came in like Grandpa Simpson with an onion tied to your belt regaling us with tales of the Draft from over 70 years ago like somehow it was relevant to what was being discussed.

I know full well about the war on terror since I deployed to it several times as a Guardsman in Infantry units.

And the Regs still look down on Guard and Reserve units even 21 years since Sept 11th. So that one army is as much propaganda as Marines being first to fight.

Now back to you telling us how it felt going up Kettle hill with teddy and the other rough riders, did your Krag recoil much?....

And the Regs still look down on Guard and Reserve units even 21 years since Sept 11th. So that one army is as much propaganda as Marines being first to fight.

Don’t worry about it. It’s a global thing, we treat our STABS (reserves) with contempt as well.

My Hillbilly thought process? I was asked if the AGR staff in National Guard units are regular army soldiers and I answered it. You came in like Grandpa Simpson with an onion tied to your belt regaling us with tales of the Draft from over 70 years ago like somehow it was relevant to what was being discussed.

I know full well about the war on terror since I deployed to it several times as a Guardsman in Infantry units.

Now back to you telling us how it felt going up Kettle hill with teddy and the other rough riders, did your Krag recoil much?....
It was wounded knee actually with a Springfield