Why no LSSA whilst on AT!! seems simple yet its all wrong!!!

Discussion in 'Army Pay, Claims & JPA' started by Dezzzy, Dec 9, 2009.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Dear All,

Could you help satisfy my doubt that my pay staff are just plain wrong.
    In a nutshell, i am a qualified Alpine ski instructor who is taking about 30 blokes away in January with 4 other instructors to France. They will be ther for 9 days a group i will be there for 28 days in total.
    My Pay WO says that the regulations and advice from Bde is that as we are on AT i cannot claim LSSA though one of the other instructors who is a PTI can claim as the regulations say something along the lines of " instructing is there primary role eg PTI". i find this wrong as we are posted in England, and the PTI's primary role is not as a Ski instructor obviously!!!!
    I have spoke to Indi and they say the instructors should get LSSA. but my pay WO says they are wrong and that he is interpreting the rules correctly... is there a pay God out there that knows of some peice of the JSP/similar that is less ambiguos because i just cannot belive that i will be doing the same job as a PTI yet will not be entitled to LSSA. any help appreciated , even , a yeah for all those years and even now, every one else has been fraudulently claiming it and your pay blokes spot on. many thanks Dez

2. If you are asking for LSSA he may be correct... it is now LSA>

I was under the impression that if you are an instructor on AT you get LSA for the duration of the exercise. Regardless of you being a PTI or a pie eating instructor. If you aren't there in an instructional capacity the exercise can't happen. It may say eg PTI, but it includes Adv Trg Instructors.

If Inde are saying this is so, and seeing as EVERY time I have been away as an instructor I have received LSA (or a previous entitlement) then surely this could be a big hint that your Pay Wallah is talking out of his arrse. Or the rest of the Army is wrong....

I would request your Pay Wallah speaks to a HQ of AT origin (ie Indy) or shows you the paragraph he is quoting. Suggest Brigade talks to them also if they are adviseing him of this.

3. My RAO also enforces the rule instructing is there primary role eg PTI, this is something you need to discuss with your admin officer 'RAO' as jsp 752 does not give a definate answer and leaves it slightly open.

4. When I took a group to Bavaria last year I got LSA as I was down on the admin order as one of the instructors, and I even got LOA Temp.

Have just checked my pay statement on Armynet from last year for proof

5. When I took a group to Bavaria last year I got LSA as I was down on the admin order as one of the instructors, and I even got LOA Temp.

Have just checked my pay statement on Armynet from last year for proof

6. Tell them you're doing Nordic not Alpine and you'll be entitled to LOA and LSA as it's military training not AT!

7. What a brilliant idea - and they will never find out either, will they :eek:

8. What role are you doing there?

What will the participants be doing over this period?

9. If you are going down to instruct skiing and are a qualified instructor then you will get it if you are detached from your Parent Unit for 10 days or more. End of

You are on duty, not Adventure Training and should be booked out as such on JPA when you are moved and tracked.

I suggest if you don't believe him, have a look at JSP 752 for yourself (it's on the intranet, and Ctrl+F for LSA), then take it in to him and let him explain why you are not entitled.

Enjoy yourself, and don't claim IE on your return either !! 8O

10. HOPE you get caught and stealing from the public purse is a crime and moreover trial by Court Martial if DONE WITH BLATENT INTENT