Why no Footy on BFBS TV?

Discussion in 'The Intelligence Cell' started by OldSnowy, Mar 2, 2006.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. OldSnowy

OldSnowy LE Moderator Book Reviewer

Last night there was, apparently, a match played between England and Uruguay, in Liverpool.

I say 'apparently' as BFBS did not broadcast it as they could not get the rights to do so.

Now I'm not a great footy fan, and anyway have plenty to do, but the blokes off stag would have loved to watch it. Which Broadcaster had the rights, and why were they so tight that they wouldn't let BFBS show it to the relatively few people in their Satellite audience?

It's not really rating the term 'disgrace', it's just a bloody shame.

Oh, one last thing - if it turns out to have been broadcast on Sky in the UK it WILL be a disgrace.

2. No It was on the Beeb.......and I thoroughly enjoyed it!
    [​IMG]

3. And I watched over the T'interweb. Not a bad stream either :) :)

4. If you don't mind me asking. Which provider do you use and how much did it cost you?

5. A channel that guaranteed no bloody football ever is the only one I would pay a subscription to watch. Mind you, it would have to have other advantages as well.

6. I do not use a provider, and its all free.

Most of the major games are streaming on Saturdays as are midweek games and various cup games and the odd European league match.

Quality is varying. Its a case of hit and hope. Turn the volume down to silence the commentary and listen on 5 Live.

Use Mediaplayer 10 to watch.

Oh and a good Chink/Jap translater is a bonus.

7. No football on BFBS TV, what bliss - Where can I sign up to subscribe?

8. Buy Sky and you can watch anything, however this will reduce your ability to drip.

9. tvants
    pplive

two programs that allow you to stream footy for free, I have sky but these sometimes have games sky doesnt

10. AlienFTM

AlienFTM LE Book Reviewer

Try looking at www.safc.com

I have supported them all my life but haven't seen any football from them recently.

11. ViroBono

ViroBono LE Moderator

Makes a change from BFBS' previous policy of showing nowt but bloody football and soaps.

12. Hi,

anybody here who wants to sell his BFBS card for Eutelsat W3A in cryptoworks?
    Pls PM me. I am also interested in CS by dreambox

13. Exactly, disgrace is not strong enough a word!

14. The reason that the games are not shown on BFBS is that it is broadcast in Germany and Cyprus, both places the local TV companies have paid for the rights to screen football matchs, therefore BFBS are not allowed to as the do not have the right. Unfortunatly this has a knock on affect to Iraq etc. Now I believe that was the sensible answer you were looking for!?

Oh and the other reason is the porridge wogs complain that they have to watch English football, the chips on their shoulders expand and they get all upperty that they have to buy another nations football shirt to add to their already large collections, just so they can support whoever is playing England in stlye! :twisted: :twisted: