Why Kids Are Starving in Africa

Having studied the problems of Africa, on a strictly part-time and unofficial basis for nigh on fifteen years now I have come to the conclusion that there is a single root cause of all of the continent's problems.

Africans.

Easy solution, just a bit un PC

Accept that the white farmers in Africa know better, get them to teach the locals how to farm the land properly (worked for years in Rhodesia, SA, Kenya etc) but proportion the wealth a bit better. Sensible solution but apparently beyond the scope of the likes of Zim and the current SA Gov.

Alternativley, take the Zim aproach, drive all of the farmers out, remove all of the knowledge, let the land return to desert and starve.

Or

Take the SA approach, ask them nicely to leave first, when they don't, adopt the Zim method. And starve. (Give it 10 years, Geldofs next scrounge will be for SA)

Or

Adopt the Angola and Mozambique method, nick all the white farmers and their knowledge from Zim and SA, share the land freely and equally giving reward where reward is due whilst empowering the locals with their own farms and sit there in 10 years time laughing your c0ck off whilst selling food to your old "rich" neighbours.

Sam Kinison--From an appearance on Rodney Dangerfield's It's Not Easy Being Me said:
"...we were driving out here today across the desert, and it occurred to us that there wouldn't BE world hunger, if you people would LIVE WHERE THE FOOD IS! YOU LIVE IN A DESERT! YOU LIVE IN A FCUKING DESERT! NOTHING GROWS OUT HERE! NOTHING'S GONNA GROW OUT HERE! YOU SEE THIS? HUH? THIS IS SAND. KNOW WHAT IT'S GONNA BE A HUNDRED YEARS FROM NOW? IT'S GONNA BE SAND! YOU LIVE IN A FCUKING DESERT! GET YOUR STUFF, GET YOUR SHYTE, WE'LL MAKE ONE TRIP, WE'LL TAKE YOU TO WHERE THE FOOD IS! WE HAVE DESERTS IN AMERICA -- WE JUST DON'T LIVE IN THEM, ASSHOLES!"

YANK60 said:
Condoms and basketballs, that's what they need. Condoms for population control, and basketballs to instill teamwork. Give a basketball to each group of five, and you'll begin to see some organization.
I think you'll find its always football(Soccer) that gives them organization!

Anyway to quote an amusing US comedian;

A homeless guy came up to me and said "I haven't eaten for a week"

I replied "I wish I had your will power"

What was his name????funny as.

Aunty Stella said:
Adopt the Angola and Mozambique method, nick all the white farmers and their knowledge from Zim and SA, share the land freely and equally giving reward where reward is due whilst empowering the locals with their own farms and sit there in 10 years time laughing your c0ck off whilst selling food to your old "rich" neighbours.
That's the Zambian story. They're now a net exporter of foodstuffs for the first time ever, since all the Zim farmers went there and were encouraged by the government to actually make the land productive. The Zim farmers' former properties in Zim are mostly fallow now, or growing patches of subsistence crops during the rainy season (not at other times, as the water pumps have been sold and there's no diesel to drive them anyway). Cattle which were prime dairy and beef have been interbred with the local breeds to produce nothing much at all, so the far-famed Rhodesian Prime Rib is just a memory. Sad.

E

error_unknown

I was shocked at the advert against African Poverty with those celebrities snapping theior fingers and saying "Every time I snap my fingers... a child in Africa dies"

Well stop snapping your fecking fingers then you murdering scum!

They are all having a major laugh at us,

Look at little fat fecker, and he reckons he is starving? Yeah right!!

At least they are dying before they can breed. Suits me Sir.

Herrenbloke said:
I was shocked at the advert against African Poverty with those celebrities snapping theior fingers and saying "Every time I snap my fingers... a child in Africa dies"

That sh*t's funny, I don't care who you are. :lol:

Herrenbloke said:

Fcuking great coffee on keyboard,thanks man

I'm wondering why this thread isn't in the arrsehole yet ...

... I know it's the NAAFI, but apart from a few funny/informed replies it makes me cringe to hear the opinions of my fellow colleagues (although I know many users here have never and never will serve in the British Army)

Are we talking of a generic 'Africa' here ?

Which continent are Morocco, Libya and Tunisia part of ?

The human civilisation started from the same place, and at some point or another a different culture has dominated. Throughout history, the Egyptians, Greeks, Romans, Danish, Germans, Great Britain, even the Dutch ffs and recently the States have been dominant. Thus the argument that the West is screwing over Africa is null and void, theyve had the same chance to develop as the rest of us, but have fcuked it up or their time hasn't come yet.
My second point, again not very pc but who we're all big boys and girls here, is that in the good old days before modern healthcare a decent disease, war or natural wastage would keep the population lower. The 20th century saw the worlds population rise by a good 3 billion, so now it is the turn of famine to let us know when there are too many people in one place. Its Darwinism, not racism or evil capitalism that makes Africa crap. End of dit.

RTFQ said:
Rowums said:
What has always confused me is that the human race started in Africa and some left tens of thousands of years ago, so presumably those in Africa survived for those thousands of years. So why the problems now?
Africa is a lot like Ealing. Ealing/Africa: same-same Daniel-san.
I used to live in Ealing; well close, Acton really, LB of Ealing. I think the analogy a little tenuous or maybe every lowlife in Ealing has acquired an AK since I left. Nevil Shute (Norway) also grew up there and memorably described it as a 'slum' in (I think) A Town like Alice. Now it's full of aspirational yuppies; it's still a slum.

The African colonies used to have access markets in the European countries, but these have largely been closed to them by the EEC. Many Africans have no opportunities and no hope of education.

Gedd, I refer you back to,

dutybooty said:
The human civilisation started from the same place, and at some point or another a different culture has dominated. Throughout history, the Egyptians, Greeks, Romans, Danish, Germans, Great Britain, even the Dutch ffs and recently the States have been dominant. Thus the argument that the West is screwing over Africa is null and void, theyve had the same chance to develop as the rest of us, but have fcuked it up or their time hasn't come yet.
My second point, again not very pc but who we're all big boys and girls here, is that in the good old days before modern healthcare a decent disease, war or natural wastage would keep the population lower. The 20th century saw the worlds population rise by a good 3 billion, so now it is the turn of famine to let us know when there are too many people in one place. Its Darwinism, not racism or evil capitalism that makes Africa crap. End of dit.
fcuked off yet?

frenchie said:
Gedd, I refer you back to,

dutybooty said:
... now it is the turn of famine to let us know when there are too many people in one place. Its Darwinism, not racism or evil capitalism that makes Africa crap. End of dit.
fcuked off yet?

But Darwinism is a theory to explain the things we can see.

Racism and capitalism are the root causes of the situation we see other countries in (along with other causes and depending on which part of Africa we are talking about).

Darwinism is not the cause of anything, it is simply a theory that we use to explain our backwards looking observations.

Starvation is a form of malnutrition, fat kids in developed countries are also 'malnourished' so which continent is the 'developing' country ???

How can we talk about a generic 'Africa' ??? Which countries within the continent are we talking about ???

Some African countries are set to be among the richest in the world in years to come, invest now ...