Why Kids Are Starving in Africa

Discussion in 'The ARRSE Hole' started by Rocketeer, Jan 12, 2006.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Its all about balancing the load on the Earth.. all those underfed kids on the Dark Continent are there to counteract the 750,000 to 1 million Americans with ' morbid obesity '..The L.A. Times says that beyond that ' category ' are a further 140,000 to 400,000 Americans believed to weigh in at over 400 pounds...[ seems the alert ARRSErs have spotted more than a few of them and posted their pics on the UberWalt thread ]... I blame McDonalds and their toy come-ons to kids so they'll fatten up on extra large fries and be addicted to McCrappy Meals for life, however short that may be...

2. Now what I'm wondering, is someone trying to balance the earth in the manner of a wheel on a car?

3. And you wouldn't be wrong. That marketing priniciple is known as "pester power" and is a reliable method for reaching tired parents who don't feel like cooking through their whining little hellspawn. Doesn't it just make you want to slap a marketing guy? :D

4. I dont wish to sound harsh, but....every action has an equal an opposite re-action.
    Starving people in Arica - fat useless fcuking kids in America.
    Aids in Africa - fat useless grown ups in America
    Any other problems in Africa - more big headed fat useless "World Police" Yanks
    There appears to be a theme going on here.
    Think we should just blame the Yanks for everything.

5. maninblack

maninblack LE Book Reviewer

The little brown babies are starving because you lot didn't buy enough rubber wrist bands from St Bono of Geldof.

6. Hmmm. Im thinking they are starving because they cant find food. Well look harder or move out of the desert instead of trying to live off sand you cnuts!!!

7. They can have some of my food. I'm no elephant, but I could stand to lose a couple of spare inches. So where do I send my spare chow? As far as the fat problem goes, it's not strictly a U.S. phenomenom. The UK is catching up. In the 1930's, if you were fat in this country you were rich. Now...it seems everything is automated. Walk into a supermarket, and maybe 30% of the food is healthy. The rest is junk.

8. Germany, Greece, the Czech Republic and Cyprus have actually higher obesity than the US.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/7197750

Anyways the fatties are always grateful for some lovin'! :twisted:

9. It's about lifestyles. I'm old enough to remember a time when most people in my small town grew much of their own food. It was legal to even raise chickens and sheep in town. If you go out and kill a chicken by hand, by the time you get it plucked, cleaned, cut up and cooked, you've used as much energy as you'll get from the meal. Nowadays, you can just go to KFC and buy a bucket of lard.

10. Mmm, lard.

11. I like chicken

12. What has always confused me is that the human race started in Africa and some left tens of thousands of years ago, so presumably those in Africa survived for those thousands of years. So why the problems now?

13. the age of the handout my young padawan apprentice. they are becoming freeloading cnuts

14. They can't get along with each other well enough to run their own countries.

15. Very un-pc so just as well this is behind the NAAFI warning.
    The scale of deaths in Africa is necessary. The rate of population growth is such that they would be standing shoulder to shoulder otherwise.
    At least - that is what a very old South African told me when discussing apartheid.........