Why join anybody else when you can join the QDG !!!!!

#5
This question requires a degree consideration. I have taken a bit of time to view the other Cavalry options available and make a fair and just comparison between them all before coming to my conclusion. After much deliberation I feel there can only be one correct answer to the question “Why join anybody else when you can join the QDG” and that is simply that we aren't all sheep humping deviants! :lol:
 
#10
Only 65%of the QDG are welsh , we welcome all , but only the very best are accepted
(there are a few mongs that slip through the net) . But QDG are the very best at their
job much to the envy of everyone else . we are dashing , handsom, professional and
of course modest .
 
#12
Ready, aim and Fire. Velcro Gloves and wellies for me please. Overmanning is not hard. Just a bit of effort needed. Bring on the Scots Fiji's.

Wibble and dribble.
 
#13
During the last 25 years the QDG have been to more "overseas parties" than any other recce regt.

They have been the best recce regt for years.

I was one.
 
#14
smallbore said:
During the last 25 years the QDG have been to more "overseas parties" than any other recce regt.

They have been the best recce regt for years.

I was one.
How many years considering that they didnt re role until 2000 ?
 
#15
Boilinthebag
Good point! I look forward to the reply. What is it that makes the QDG (in their opinion) so good? I have not seen anything that proves it, but am willing to be converted......
I wait out....
 
#16
Well where shall i start ??? Firstly QDG depolyed on Telic 1 , whilst there
warfighting C SQN earned the Commado dagger from 3 commando BDE .This
was for the work carried out by C SQN on the AL FAW .At first the marines didn't
have a clue what formation recce was about , then when we showed them the score
the Royals couldn't get over how effective we were. Thus ensuring the AL FAW was
and a major part in ABU AL KAHSIB (op james). Skip 2 years to Telic 5 B SQN QDG
at Camp Dogwood with the Black Watch 5 weeks of getting mortared, rocketted ,
suicide bombed and the every presant IED we returned with a fantastic reputation .
This thread was ment to start a bit of banter , but thinking about it , QDG are
by far the best FR regiment in the British army with a reputation of excellence
to back it up . I challenge anybody to better that reputation .It all sounds a little
arrogant i know , but with the expereince we have at the QDG who can blame us .

We are a little lacking in the Spelling dept i hasten to add . Yanto , cavalry swagger , Comment !!!!
 
#17
Who can ague with a post like that?

Even as a new trooper about to embark on my first tour I can already feel the pride courage and complete professionalism of the regiment pumping thro my veins!

I am proud to be serving with 1st The Queens Dragoon Guards and hope too for many years to come :)
 
#19
boilinthebag said:
smallbore said:
During the last 25 years the QDG have been to more "overseas parties" than any other recce regt.

They have been the best recce regt for years.

I was one.
How many years considering that they didnt re role until 2000 ?

They had a few short years on Chally's about 1995 to 2000 . I am talking about the pre Chally stint, recce for years and years up till mid 90's.
 
#20
paveway_3 said:
Well where shall i start ??? Firstly QDG depolyed on Telic 1 , whilst there
warfighting C SQN earned the Commado dagger from 3 commando BDE .This
was for the work carried out by C SQN on the AL FAW .At first the marines didn't
have a clue what formation recce was about , then when we showed them the score
the Royals couldn't get over how effective we were. Thus ensuring the AL FAW was
and a major part in ABU AL KAHSIB (op james). Skip 2 years to Telic 5 B SQN QDG
at Camp Dogwood with the Black Watch 5 weeks of getting mortared, rocketted ,
suicide bombed and the every presant IED we returned with a fantastic reputation .
This thread was ment to start a bit of banter , but thinking about it , QDG are
by far the best FR regiment in the British army with a reputation of excellence
to back it up . I challenge anybody to better that reputation .It all sounds a little
arrogant i know , but with the expereince we have at the QDG who can blame us .

We are a little lacking in the Spelling dept i hasten to add . Yanto , cavalry swagger , Comment !!!!
Telic 5 on the news - all you saw was the lil red hackle of the Black Watch, not a word spoken of the QDG, but we all knew who was there making sure those crazy jock gits didnt get smushed too much, THAT made me smile a fair bit. And then we had the RRT dragging poor Tpr K***dy (he's got to be lance jack now surely) around with them in full sandkit, like the short silent DPM midget that he is and LegWeak being the first (read - second, his driver was first) into the Palace.

Cumbrian Challenge repeat winners, one of the best rugby teams in the Army and a bloody good Judo squad too
 

Latest Threads