Why is there such disrespect for US armed forces amongst people living in the states?

Discussion in 'The ARRSE Hole' started by Fly boy, Aug 21, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Reading some of the comments in that video actually managed to piss me off today

"PLEASE OUR USA ARMY AND NAVY HAVE KILL INNOCENT FRIENDLY PEOPLE OVER SEAS THE FUCKING TRUTH HURTS RIGHT BITCH OH WELL DEAL WITH IT SCUM OF THE EARTH SUPPORTING MURDER USA HAS IT COMING TO THEM ITS GOING TO BE WAY WORSE THEN 9 11 GOD HAVE MERCY ON THE USA NATION OF MURDERS AND CROWDS STRAIGHT UP.HOW DO YOU KNOW THAT THEY ARE SAVING OUR ASSES HUH DO YOU INSIDER NEWS???IF TERRORIST WANT TO COME HERE AND DO ANOTHER 9 11 THEY WILL FBI AND CIA AND US GOVERNMENT WORKS FOR AND WITH THEM." not sure why this yank had to write iin all caps, certainly grabbed my attention

2. Why are you asking on here?

3. Why on earth have you said this shows such "disrespect for US armed forces amongst people living in the states?"

It does no such thing. A ( decent guy who was a ) cop was killed. He happened to be ex-USMC which his killer would not have known.

If you're going to post such a serious link, get your facts sorted.

I've been on exercise twice in the US; the respect shown to Armed Forces personnel is astonishingly high. Even though I was in British uniform, people would say to my host and I things such as, Thank you for your service / Thank you for what you're doing to protect our freedoms.

On one occasion our lunch tab was picked up by a complete stranger who never even spoke to us.

As I said, the respect the Armed forces get shown in the US is astonishingly high, even for a tour-dodging no mark like me.

• Like Like x 6
  4. Sorry i was on about the comments which i now realise did not show..
    apologies gentlemen

5. Believe it or not, people do from time to time spout utter bollocks on the Internet.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Well I'm fucking outraged that that happens! Are you sure everything on the internet isn't the gods honest truth?

• Like Like x 1
  7. I know; it's quite a shock, isn't it.

• Like Like x 1
  8. If you're not prepared regail me with bile-inducing tales of weeping on public transport as a result of this tragedy then I refuse to be drawn in to sharing your grief.

You fucking cunt.

• Like Like x 2
  9. Well, that's not very gentlemanly-like is it?

10. There's not much wrong with those I've seen but don't tell them - psy ops for Bladensburg 2 when we regain the colonies. They still can't take three rounds a minute volley fire, don't cha know.

Posted from the ARRSE Mobile app (iOS or Android)

11. I've already signed the outrage bus work ticket.
    How dare people tell porkies on the internet.
    Does David Cameroon know about this diabolical act of subversion?

12. Suck it up Skeletor.

13. There's a splinter group that holds that theory. ;-) MMMMmmm....ginger! :p :p

Drag Queen 2.JPG

14. Guns

Guns LE Moderator Book Reviewer
    1. The Royal Navy

You know there are threads in the NAAFI that start off this bad but pick up and go off at a tangent to become classics. Normally this happens at post 5 or 6. Some threads are so dull and pathetic that they go to the hole, but here they find their home and recover with some classic banter and the new use of swear words.

This is not one of those cases. Locked and holed.

• Like Like x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.