Why is the Pope not going to Ireland?

Because he's not going to Belgium either.

The paedo's over there are doing fine so don't need reinforcements I would imagine.

On a serious note you would think that NI would have been first choice?

Biped

LE
Book Reviewer
Because St Tony didn't invite him to Ireland. St Tony is the only reason this farcical jamboree is coming here; well, that and the promise of the money to pay for his trip.

The paedo's over there are doing fine so don't need reinforcements I would imagine.

On a serious note you would think that NI would have been first choice?
Why?........................

I think our old leader Broon had something to do with it all. And as he wasn't in charge of Eire, he didn't include them.

Will Phillip make a standard Blunder with the pope?

skid2

LE
Book Reviewer
He's got more sense.
I thought the popes visit was a trade off. He gets to go and get treated nice in G.B. with all the bells and whistles and the Free State gets to be nice to Liz2 and Phil the Greek later on

OldSnowy

LE
Book Reviewer
Because he wasn't invited?

I don't think that T Blair/G Brown/ D Cameron or HMQ could have invited him to the Republic (Hint: the clue is in the name).

Because he wasn't invited?

I don't think that T Blair/G Brown/ D Cameron or HMQ could have invited him to the Republic (Hint: the clue is in the name).
The Six Counties are still there aren't they?
Nor would that have stopped the Micks from inviting him,as he was in the neighbourhood?

I'm surprised you aren't all up at Bellahouston giving it lalldee!

I'm just an old soldier, a Welsh old soldier, so I ask why is His Holiness not setting foot in Wales?

Wales is after all - God's Own Country.

His Holiness is probably cognizant of the fact that some of the Welsh Monarchs of this nation did not hugely appreciate the 'Bishops of Rome' of the 1540s.

I'm just an old soldier, a Welsh old soldier, so I ask why is His Holiness not setting foot in Wales?

Wales is after all - God's Own Country.

His Holiness is probably cognizant of the fact that some of the Welsh Monarchs of this nation did not hugely appreciate the 'Bishops of Rome' of the 1540s.
Probably not quite the kind of "Kids" he's used to. :)