Why is the Pope not going to Ireland?

Discussion in 'The Intelligence Cell' started by vvaannmmaann, Sep 16, 2010.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Did they not invite him?
  2. Because he's not going to Belgium either.
  3. The paedo's over there are doing fine so don't need reinforcements I would imagine.

On a serious note you would think that NI would have been first choice?
  4. orgy cancelled.
  5. who cares.
  6. Biped

Biped LE Book Reviewer

Because St Tony didn't invite him to Ireland. St Tony is the only reason this farcical jamboree is coming here; well, that and the promise of the money to pay for his trip.
  7. Why?........................
  8. I think our old leader Broon had something to do with it all. And as he wasn't in charge of Eire, he didn't include them.
  9. Will Phillip make a standard Blunder with the pope?
  10. skid2

skid2 LE Book Reviewer

He's got more sense.
    I thought the popes visit was a trade off. He gets to go and get treated nice in G.B. with all the bells and whistles and the Free State gets to be nice to Liz2 and Phil the Greek later on
  11. So what about the Six Counties?

Sorry - question for Norfolkinchance.
  12. Because were sorting the problem out, maybe he wants to set up shop over your end of the woods?
  13. OldSnowy

OldSnowy LE Moderator Book Reviewer

Because he wasn't invited?

I don't think that T Blair/G Brown/ D Cameron or HMQ could have invited him to the Republic (Hint: the clue is in the name).
  14. The Six Counties are still there aren't they?
    Nor would that have stopped the Micks from inviting him,as he was in the neighbourhood?
  15. I'd love to see him on the top deck of one the open topped tour buses going up and down the Shankill, should get a warm reception.