• ARRSE have partnered with Armadillo Merino to bring you an ARRSE exclusive, generous discount offer on their full price range.
    To keep you warm with the best of Merino gear, visit www.armadillomerino.co.uk and use the code: NEWARRSE40 at the checkout to get 40% off!
    This superb deal has been generously offered to us by Armadillo Merino and is valid until midnight on the the 28th of February.

Why is the Pope not going to Ireland?

Biped

LE
Book Reviewer
Because St Tony didn't invite him to Ireland. St Tony is the only reason this farcical jamboree is coming here; well, that and the promise of the money to pay for his trip.

skid2

LE
Book Reviewer
He's got more sense.
I thought the popes visit was a trade off. He gets to go and get treated nice in G.B. with all the bells and whistles and the Free State gets to be nice to Liz2 and Phil the Greek later on

OldSnowy

LE
Book Reviewer
Because he wasn't invited?

I don't think that T Blair/G Brown/ D Cameron or HMQ could have invited him to the Republic (Hint: the clue is in the name).

I'm just an old soldier, a Welsh old soldier, so I ask why is His Holiness not setting foot in Wales?

Wales is after all - God's Own Country.

His Holiness is probably cognizant of the fact that some of the Welsh Monarchs of this nation did not hugely appreciate the 'Bishops of Rome' of the 1540s.

I'm just an old soldier, a Welsh old soldier, so I ask why is His Holiness not setting foot in Wales?

Wales is after all - God's Own Country.

His Holiness is probably cognizant of the fact that some of the Welsh Monarchs of this nation did not hugely appreciate the 'Bishops of Rome' of the 1540s.
Probably not quite the kind of "Kids" he's used to. :)

Latest Threads