Why is the new chat sh1te?

Discussion in 'ARRSE: Site Issues' started by Aunty Stella, Apr 23, 2011.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Could always guarantee that come going home time that chat would be full and drunken squaddies galore would be spouting shite.

Last 2 days it has been me and my closest mates, i.e. me and me.

I've logged on and after 15 seconds of being bored have then opened another window. Even if someone else then turns up I have no indication that they were ever there bar looking back into a very dull room and noticing a missed message.

What the fcuk has happened to the old chat room where at this time on a Friday (getting home time) it was full of drunken people, or, as a fall back, loads of friendless cnuts like Dale that sat at home with a bottle of Tea Tree Oil ?

Where did it go?
  2. Ever since the change to new arrse I've never seen a soul in there. It use to pass a few hours on nights waffling shite.
  3. I think its a great thing that chat no longer works properly. It coincides with all the fuckwits who used to frequent it not being here any more.
  4. It's because you are a fat ginger brummie **** and I've got Jarrod and LLM and Maka held captive at my house and have tied them up in the garden.

So there.

Some of us DO have lives outside the internet. For instance, today, we went walking in Richmond and have eaten twice your body weight. Oh, and this one time, in Band Camp.....
  5. Good CO

Good CO LE Admin

Accepted - the new chat is shite. (frustratingly it's the most expensive of all we've tried). I will get this sorted eventually but there does not seem to a be a perfect chat solution.
    • Like Like x 1
  6. Good CO

Good CO LE Admin

Latest version of the old chat now online. Opinions welcome! Just trying to get "who's online" sorted
  7. GCO, it works!!!!! It's got all the old pingy noises back and screen colours and everything!!!!!

Just waiting for some other willing volunteers to come along.

The new ones will NOT like it though, but tough titty.

Oh, and the swear filter is back..........................

Many thanks, Slugster xxxxx
  8. Oh, and the /me works again! If there was a God, it would be you.......
  9. what time you lot in the chat room ?
  10. feck, theres chat?! You learn something new every day!
  11. terroratthepicnic

terroratthepicnic LE Reviewer Book Reviewer
    1. ARRSE Runners

I can't get into chat anyway, my username is 2 charactors too long, so all I get is 'your user name or password was incorrect please try again'.
  12. i did go in about a year ago,,, but there was never anyone there,, must have BO
  13. try again,,that happened to me,, however i just did it again,,it worked
  14. you wanted feedback,,,getting in is ok once your used to it...
    fonts to small,,,, some of us are getting old farts
    brill other other than above..
  15. I get that as well...we obviously arn't part of the chat clique ;)