Why Is It Tea/Coffee "NATO" ??

Discussion in 'The NAAFI Bar' started by A_Knocker_Till_The_End, Mar 28, 2006.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. sorry if this is a re-post, had a quick look & found nothing.

does anyone actually know why a tea/coffee white with 2 sugars is known as "NATO" :?: :?: :?: :?:

not requiring the standard answer of "its nato standard". 8O 8O

want to know if there is more to it. :!: :!:

2. The explaination I heard was that everyone was in it, just like milk two sugars. Everyone has it that way.

I am a Warsaw Pact bloke myself. Tea, milk no sugar.

• Like Like x 2
  3. Not strictly related, but funny anyway. I have worked or had friends who have worked with the special needs folks who are 'independently living' in the community..... :roll: and they generally use sugar lumps instead of normal sugar coz they got sick of them making staff a cuppa with two TABLESPOONS of sugar!!! And because of PC crap they're not allowed to offend them in any way and have to drink it :lol:

• Funny Funny x 1
  4. Julie Andrews: "I would like no sugar in my milky tea thank you".

I'll get my coat.......

5. Whoopi Goldberg: " I would like my coffee without milk or sugar please"

Dale - pass us me coat matey.

6. Thats all there was to it . 7.62mm Nato standard. White and two, Nato brew. Not black and stong like my women.

7. Simple answer to Nato, because IT IS.

I thought awoopy goldberg was black with 2

8. then of course there is the Tea, Julie Andrews.

Tea, white, nun.

• Informative Informative x 1
  9. Normal Army Tea Order perhaps?

10. So, the no milk and no sugar has to be a famous black person who is flat-chested or castrated? No, Whoopi Goldberg was the nun in that film (so she's not with sugar). She is black nun/none.

11. Sorry

12. no milk + 2 sugars = beyonce (sweet and black)

13. me reckons it was to get rid of bromine so everyone used sugar to conteract the evil drug

14. I once worked with a bloke who when asked how he liked his brew said he'd have a Douglas. 'A Douglas?' i queried, to which he replied 'Douglas Bader - nay toes!'

• Like Like x 2
  15. Hey Bobos. I expect your "sorry" was directed at the posters in general, but, if you were apologising to ME, well thank you!! Because, as a blonde, female civvy, I don't expect such niceties.