Army Rumour Service

Register a free account today to join our community
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site, connect with other members through your own private inbox and will receive smaller adverts!

Why Is It Tea/Coffee "NATO" ??

sorry if this is a re-post, had a quick look & found nothing.

does anyone actually know why a tea/coffee white with 2 sugars is known as "NATO" :?: :?: :?: :?:

not requiring the standard answer of "its nato standard". 8O 8O

want to know if there is more to it. :!: :!:

The explaination I heard was that everyone was in it, just like milk two sugars. Everyone has it that way.

I am a Warsaw Pact bloke myself. Tea, milk no sugar.

Not strictly related, but funny anyway. I have worked or had friends who have worked with the special needs folks who are 'independently living' in the community..... :roll: and they generally use sugar lumps instead of normal sugar coz they got sick of them making staff a cuppa with two TABLESPOONS of sugar!!! And because of PC crap they're not allowed to offend them in any way and have to drink it :lol:

So, the no milk and no sugar has to be a famous black person who is flat-chested or castrated? No, Whoopi Goldberg was the nun in that film (so she's not with sugar). She is black nun/none.

I once worked with a bloke who when asked how he liked his brew said he'd have a Douglas. 'A Douglas?' i queried, to which he replied 'Douglas Bader - nay toes!'

Hey Bobos. I expect your "sorry" was directed at the posters in general, but, if you were apologising to ME, well thank you!! Because, as a blonde, female civvy, I don't expect such niceties.