Why is infidelity so common for army lads?

In the few years I've been serving I have noticed an insane number of guys who cheat on their partners and get praised for it. Is it "lad cultural"? Like the same with footballers always being unfaithful to their wives/girlfriends.

I am the only one in my current unit who hasn't cheated on partner but the boys all encourage it and always have lame excuses to justify being unfaithful. I don't want to end up like 'that' guy..

Last edited:
In the few years I've been serving I have noticed an insane number of guys who cheat on their partners and get praised for it. Is it "lad cultural"? Like the same with footballers always being unfaithful to their wives/girlfriends.

I am the only one in my current unit who hasn't cheated on partner but the boys all encourage it and always have lame excuses to why they are unfaithful. I don't want to end up like 'that's guy..
The type of people who are drawn to joining the Army are risk-takers. Shagging around is a risky thing.

Helm

MIA
Book Reviewer
yzjUpT3.gif

wheel

LE

I am the only one in my current unit who hasn't cheated on partner but the boys all encourage it and always have lame excuses to why they are unfaithful. I don't want to end up like 'that's guy..
Dont worry your Mrs makes up for it while you are away.

Are you a goody-two-shoes wowser?

RangdoOfArg

LE
Book Reviewer
OP, it’s common everywhere. Shagging around has always gone on. And always will. People will always look for some “strange” whilst professing loyalty to their partner.
The major difference in the army is, if it impacts on efficiency, sanctions may be taken.

Oyibo

LE

It's because real soldiers have diluvian torrents of testosterone raging through their bodies. Trolls from mumsnet do not.

The most mental affair I had was a brief one with my next door neighbour (she was also married).

Not the current next door neighbour (he's an ex-WO2 from some Welsh infantry regiment I can't remember the name of).

I say that just in case he's a member of the forum.

Oyibo

LE
The most mental affair I had was a brief one with my next door neighbour (she was also married).

Not the current next door neighbour (he's an ex-WO2 from some Welsh infantry regiment I can't remember the name of).

I say that just in case he's a member of the forum.

Ex WOII from a Welsh Inf Regt is doubly pissed off that you can't remember his Regt and that you do not remember the sordid night you had together

Your current unit, is it 3 PARA?

Why?

because they are sexual tyrannosauruses tyrannosauri big scary dinosaurs.

If nobody practiced adultery, nobody would be very good at it.