Why is every member of the British royal family circumcised?

Discussion in 'The ARRSE Hole' started by WD50, Oct 23, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Circumcision of the Royals is actually one of the questions in the game Trivial Pursuit. According to the answers there - and what I have read elsewhere - Edward and Andrew are indeed cut, as of course is Charles.

It is noteworthy to mention that, following the tradition of the Royal House of England that requires circumcision of all male children; it was the Jewish Mohel of London rather than the Royal Physician who was called to circumcise the son of Princess Elizabeth. The following news- item, from a British newspaper, may be of interest:

Crown Prince Charles Circumcised by London Mohel
    London (JTA) - Crown Prince Charles, son of Princess Elizabeth and heir to the British throne, was circumcised in Buckingham Palace by Rev. Jacob Snowman, official Mohel of the London Jewish community, the Mizrachi News Bureau reported. Rev. Snowman, who is a noted Jewish scholar specializing in the poetry of Bialik, has been ritual circumciser in London for many years. He has published several volumes on leading Hebrew writers.

A Jewish friend of mine confirmed this one day when he said that his own younger brother was also circumcised by Dr Snowman.

Pictures of Prince Andrew, and reports from his fellow pupils at Gordonstoun school, confirm that he is circumcised. Prince Edward is widely held to also be circumcised.

Princess Diana for some reason best known to herself was opposed to circumcision and refused to allow either William or Harry to be done. There were reports at the time which suggested that both the Queen and Prince Philip were very annoyed at this (which would back up the suggestion that Edward was done).

It has been rumored that Prince William had the procedure done at his own request only months after Diana’s death.

2. WD50. I'm eating, and what I don't need right now is the images of Prince Phillip's circumcised togder!

What is the point of this post?

3. This isn't a healthy obsession...

4. It's bad to eat and read at the same time.

5. Nehustan

Nehustan On ROPs

I believe you'll find that the family tree of the lineage goes back to David, so you could say its a family tradition...

On a a similar note I believe during the coronation, but not publicly, the monarch is declared King of Israel as well as the five nations...

(not sure whether it happened with the current Queen, but I believe it did with her father.)

6. [badtaste] I suspect Liz hasn't been done [/badtaste] :)

7. Possibly ,because like lots of non-jewish families, they consider it on hygenic grounds. What interest is this to anyone and why should a newspaper waste space reporting such rubbish, another attempt by the media to ridicule the Royal Family. And plonkers who publicise such rubbish.

8. Why did Prince Phillips mother choose to be buried not in the Royal Crypt, but in Israel?

Princess Alice of Battenberg, later Princess Andrew of Greece and Denmark (Victoria Alice Elizabeth Julia Marie; 25 February 1885 – 5 December 1969) was the mother of Prince Philip, Duke of Edinburgh (consort of Queen Elizabeth II).

Initially her remains were placed in the Royal Crypt in St George's Chapel at Windsor Castle, but before she died she expressed her wish to be buried at the Mount of Olives in Israel, near to her aunt Grand Duchess Elizabeth Fyodorovna, a Russian Orthodox saint. The Duke of Edinburgh said of his mother's sheltering of persecuted Jews during the war: "She was a person with a deep religious faith, and she would have considered it to be a perfectly natural human reaction to fellow beings in distress."

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.