Why in F*** are people panic buying.

Discussion in 'The NAAFI Bar' started by re-stilly, Mar 30, 2012.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. There is no diesel or petrol locally here, and now they have started on the bread and milk. THere hasn't even been a strike announced yet.

2. Do you think we have morphed into Zimbabwe (perish the thought)?

• Like Like x 1
  3. The madness of crowds..

4. Have we started pinching land from the farmers yet? It is bloody stupid, the only winners from this are the Government and the oil companies.

5. 1
    if you live in Landan, yes. Could be anywhere in Africa or the Indian subcontinnent

Where I live no. Our mongs are largely indigineous

6. Google what panic means, there is your answer

7. The unions have made their point though - the Beeb is reporting that the government is relaxing rules on driver's hours. The government fucked it up though, again, by telling people to fill up. So we've had one fool with serious burns, a spike in demand that will probably ramp up prices and a government looking even more pathetic for what? What I've found strangest though is people's propensity to fuck the government off, yet when they're advised to top up they all sprint out and do it! Twats.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Because they are thick as fuck. Simple.

Take your time at the pumps next time and I mean take as long as possible. Lock the car as you get out. Examine each and every pump to make sure you get the right one. Fill up by a tiny squeeze each time. When you finish get back in the car and get your money. Re-lock the car and saunter to the kiosk to pay. Examine a few magazines, browse the chocolate. If questioned, remind everyone that there's no rush as THERE ISN'T A FUCKING STRIKE.

The only places with 'panic buying' round here are the supermarkets. I'm happy to pay 3ppl more when I'm sticking £15 in the car if it means there's no queue or thick as fuck wankers in front of me.

9. I was watching a bit of Sky News this morning, reporter was outside a petrol station in Kidderminster. He asked everyone who's fault it was that there was panic. About 95% said the Government. Funny old thing no-one said "Erm, its my fault I am a total follower, I saw people waiting for fuel so I thought I'd better get some and Im a total mong". Fucking dullards.

Right, cant stop on - got to get some fuel.

• Like Like x 1
  10. oldbaldy

oldbaldy LE Moderator Good Egg (charities)
    1. Battlefield Tours

Make sure you stock up on pasties and stamps as well.

• Like Like x 1
  11. Consider it good training for this Zombie Apocolypse.

No fuel, no essential food, people panicking.

It's the beginning of the end, I tells thee.

12. Why panic buy? Simply because it shows this bunch of clowns in Westminster for what they are.

• Like Like x 1
  13. OK conspiracy theory... End of the financial year, BP / Shell or AN Other oil company is short of sales and the directors want to hit their bonuses. They spark a strike rumour and bang, sales go up 45%. Targets are met, bonuses all round!

• Like Like x 1
  14. I'm feeling a bit left out. So I'm going to start panic buying beer