Why have my dreams been crushed

All I ever wanted to become is a soldier and having applied I was told due to a refractive error in my left eye I couldn't ever get in what i want to know is why cant I join what can I do and how should I go about this.

send me all your belongings and all your mothers knickers...and il get you in....

M

Mark The Convict

'And if thine eye offend thee, pluck it out: it is better for thee to enter into the kingdom of God with one eye, than having two eyes to be cast into hell fire'

Mark 9;47

All I ever wanted to become is a soldier and having applied I was told due to a refractive error in my left eye I couldn't ever get in what i want to know is why cant I join what can I do and how should I go about this.
Sensible answer.

You may get it corrected using refractive eye surgery. There may be a cooling off period following this simple operation, before you can reapply.

There is an easier route to guns though.

Buy an eye patch, a parrot and a one way ticket to Somalia.

Hey presto! A tooled up, real life Pirate.

jarrod248

LE
Gallery Guru
I'd have thought he'd have got to grips with this when he was turned down in July. I'd also imagine his Aspergers, flat feet and hunch back would have made him think he'd not pass the medical.

M

Mark The Convict

OP, haven't you been given a written notification of why you've been rejected? I assume the UK careers office does this with everyone, regardless of the outcome of their application. The reason, and your further course(s) of action should be there in B&W.

M

Mark The Convict

I'd also imagine his Aspergers, flat feet and hunch back would have made him think he'd not pass the medical.
But a picture of health otherwise? Godless heathens! This is God's punishment for those who commune with the Unclean! Hellfire be upon them! Their names shall be graven into the Book of Life in letters of fire, and on the Day of Judgement, they shall be cast into the Bottomless Pit, there to writhe in anguish for all eternity!

jarrod248

LE
Gallery Guru
But a picture of health otherwise? Godless heathens! This is God's punishment for those who commune with the Unclean! Hellfire be upon them! Their names shall be graven into the Book of Life in letters of fire, and on the Day of Judgement, they shall be cast into the Bottomless Pit, there to writhe in anguish for all eternity!
Sooner rather than later

Your problems are more serious than you think. If you talk in the same manner as you write, you will soon run out of breath and compound your problem with asphyxiation.

Ah, I've just twigged

Flash................Bang.

This the fellow from back in April who got hoofed for having Asbergers.

Not having any luck at all is he? Perhaps next week one of his legs might fall clean off.

M

Mark The Convict

Nonsense he has a glittering future as a writer of popular fiction now that Jose Saramago's dead because he can simply expand his writing style for want of a better word to book length and start winning Nobel Prizes just like Jose did because of his marvellously avant-garde writing which eschewed all punctuation thus effectively constituting a book-long sentence and simply clubbing the reader into submission without necessarily having anything worthwhile to say and giving form to the expression 'style over substance' which isn't something for which I have any regard but if it did well for Jose then there's no reason why the OP can't do equally well since a Nobel Prize would look nice on the mantelpiece or even behind the cistern in the khazi if one were of a certain temperament.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Sir_Sidney_Ruff_Diamond Int Corps 2
KGB_resident Current Affairs, News and Analysis 27
Cait The NAAFI Bar 15