Why have my dreams been crushed

Discussion in 'Join the Army - Regular Soldier Recruitment' started by willt9220, Sep 18, 2011.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. All I ever wanted to become is a soldier and having applied I was told due to a refractive error in my left eye I couldn't ever get in what i want to know is why cant I join what can I do and how should I go about this.

2. You could kill yourself.

• Like Like x 1
  3. send me all your belongings and all your mothers knickers...and il get you in....

4. You filthy beast! I want the posters boxers, socks and trainers and I'll **** in all of them.

• Like Like x 2
  5. 'And if thine eye offend thee, pluck it out: it is better for thee to enter into the kingdom of God with one eye, than having two eyes to be cast into hell fire'

Mark 9;47

• Like Like x 2
  6. Bless you Fr. Mark you're right he'd get in with one eye.

7. Socket jobs for the whole block, he'd be popularity itself.

8. Sensible answer.

You may get it corrected using refractive eye surgery. There may be a cooling off period following this simple operation, before you can reapply.

There is an easier route to guns though.

Buy an eye patch, a parrot and a one way ticket to Somalia.

Hey presto! A tooled up, real life Pirate.

• Like Like x 2
  9. I'd have thought he'd have got to grips with this when he was turned down in July. I'd also imagine his Aspergers, flat feet and hunch back would have made him think he'd not pass the medical.

10. OP, haven't you been given a written notification of why you've been rejected? I assume the UK careers office does this with everyone, regardless of the outcome of their application. The reason, and your further course(s) of action should be there in B&W.

11. So you have One biff eye? Are you ginger? Do you smell like a rotting damp bath mat?

You are Pip the Pirate Dog.........

• Like Like x 3
  12. Oooh, I didn't see that coming. Pretty much like the OP.

• Like Like x 1
  13. But a picture of health otherwise? Godless heathens! This is God's punishment for those who commune with the Unclean! Hellfire be upon them! Their names shall be graven into the Book of Life in letters of fire, and on the Day of Judgement, they shall be cast into the Bottomless Pit, there to writhe in anguish for all eternity!

14. He'd reply but he's slashing up.

15. Sooner rather than later