Why hate your home so much?

Why? I don't get it. Why on earth would you want your home to become something so shitty other than to spite everyone else that lives here that doesn't agree with your warped sense of 'right'

He's written his bile in a sort of jokey self-deprecating way a real Brit would do, but he's nothing of the sort - simply a traitor.

Why? I don't get it. Why on earth would you want your home to become something so shitty other than to spite everyone else that lives here that doesn't agree with your warped sense of 'right'

I think the clue was in the opening line

For diehard Remoaners like me,

But hurt then

Butt hurt now

Butt hurt till they die.

Themanwho

LE
Book Reviewer

He's written his bile in a sort of jokey self-deprecating way a real Brit would do, but he's nothing of the sort - simply a traitor.
Although the article is obviously a gentle mockery of the generic leftist Islingtonian mindset, I understand what you mean. IMHO, the author's actual sentiment shines through the lines of this jocular article, and it's a fair bet in his heart of hearts that this is the way he actually feels.

I think the clue was in the opening line

But hurt then

Butt hurt now

Butt hurt till they die.
Yeah, I got that - but I know plenty of people that wanted the UK to stay in the EU as they thought it the best for the country to do well - all of them are cautiously happy that we now seem to be doing alright - they wanted the best for the country.

This fool would rather we spectacularly fail just to be proved right.

Yeah, I got that - but I know plenty of people that wanted the UK to stay in the EU as they thought it the best for the country to do well - all of them are cautiously happy that we now seem to be doing alright - they wanted the best for the country.

Optimists will always be optimistic.

Pessimists will always bawl their eyes out.

It's actually quite an amusing piss-take of his own mindset, he is admitting that the default setting of a type of self-loathing liberal is to always knock Britain but he is prepared to accept that actually Britain isn't doing too badly overall.

I would read it in a very positive light, that a die-hard Guardianista is conceding (through tongue in cheek or gritted teeth, take your pick) that he might have been wrong and Britain isn't such a bad place after all.

Bubbles_Barker

LE
Book Reviewer

He's a 'traitor' because he doesn't share your opinion?

How will you react when you find a real traitor?

He's a 'traitor' because he doesn't share your opinion?

How will you react when you find a real traitor?
No - not sharing my opinion is fine, perfectly entitled to, as is anyone of course.

Wanting to see the UK do badly because of his political standing is why I've called him a traitor.

Patiently waiting for a similar article from any of the Sunlit Uplands purveyors in respect of what they said....long wait I know.

TamH70

MIA
"Germany, which welcomes every immigrant, has sensible governments, and has only ever craved peaceful European integration."

I kid you not, that is an actual quote from that actual article. From an actual journalist paid an actual wage to write that stuff.

What the actual...

I take it he slept through history lessons at skool and forgot all about the two times in the Twentieth Century that the Huns rampaged forth in attempts to integrate Europe, and much of the rest of the world besides, by means that were in no way peaceful?

Themanwho

LE
Book Reviewer
Patiently waiting for a similar article from any of the Sunlit Uplands purveyors in respect of what they said....long wait I know.
That's because they won and you lost. Sorry, didn't you get the memo?

52>48, if you're interested.

Toodles!

England is perhaps the only great country whose intellectuals are ashamed of their own nationality. In left-wing circles it is always felt that there is something slightly disgraceful in being an Englishman and that it is a duty to snigger at every English institution, from horse racing to suet puddings. It is a strange fact, but it is unquestionably true that almost any English intellectual would feel more ashamed of standing to attention during “God Save the King” than of stealing from a poor box.

George Orwell.

"Germany, which welcomes every immigrant, has sensible governments, and has only ever craved peaceful European integration."

I kid you not, that is an actual quote from that actual article. From an actual journalist paid an actual wage to write that stuff.

What the actual...

I take it he slept through history lessons at skool and forgot all about the two times in the Twentieth Century that the Huns rampaged forth in attempts to integrate Europe, and much of the rest of the world besides, by means that were in no way peaceful?

Austrian interferance;).

TamH70

MIA
That's because they won and you lost. Sorry, didn't you get the memo?

52>48, if you're interested.

Toodles!
Top logic - they can't take the piss out of themselves because they won?

endure

GCM
The last time the Huns rampaged forth was in the 4th century... ;-)

TamH70

MIA
The last time the Huns rampaged forth was in the 4th century... ;-)

Nah, that was last Thursday at home in Ibrox Park against Royal Antwerp. ;)

What the actual...

Seven times:-
Frederick the Great and his expansion into Bohemia. The Wars with Denmark and Austria, then picked a fight with France in 1870. + Two World Wars.

In answer to the question; Orwell made it absolutely clear that the Intelligentsia would rather steal from a poor box (or take a s*** on an altar) than wave a union flag and mean it. It still disgusts me how many people bought the Blair faux patriotism back in the day.

What the actual...

I take it you missed the completely intended pisstake of the highlighted bit then?

Latest Threads