Why hate the EU?

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by Rumpelstiltskin, May 10, 2007.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Seriously, why?

Arrsers harrumph constantly about Chavoamericanisation of British youth, cultural dumbing-down, etc, but an 'independent' UK in reality means greater Spamification, with all that entails.

You moan about the UK going to the dogs & how you're going to retire to the south of France in the same posts, sometimes (Caubeen, eg).

You moan about crappy NHS, transport, education system etc- look at the continent.

Look at the way the French run their former colonies in Africa- and then look at us with Zim. Who's got the better idea? I also don't see them mired in the Middle East.

And wouldn't an EU RRF be essentially run by us and funded by the French and Germans? Wouldn't that be a potential safeguard against merging of regiments and General MoD cheeseparing?

With Sarkozy & Merkel Thatcherising the continent and Blair finally fcuking off, isn't this a chance to make the best of it, and return to a semblance of great power status- as the EU would be if we rolled our grumpy sleeves up and got stuck in?

2. Putting aside the corruption, incompetence and power hungry nature of this bloated and undemocratic institution and the fact it has cost us billions,

Give me a Yank any day both on the p*ss and as part of NATO rather than some bicycle eating onion riding surrender monkey.

And don't even get me started on the Belgians and the Bosche!

4. Why hate the EU? How's about drawing up a list of the pros and cons of the entity and see which is longer... betcha the negative will far outweigh the positive.

So far, the EU has done nothing more than evolve the most complex and convoluted beurocracy humanity has ever inflicted upon itself... and that is just considering the animal in Brussels.

5. my...brain...exploding... :?

Look at what we've been ranting at Lipo about then say that again...

6. You cannot support the EU and consider yourself a patriot. If you are not a patriot then what are you?

7. Don't even ask! the EU is a big fcuk-up of everything that is british.

The EU screwed over farmers for one thing, screwed over our justice system, changed the names of medications, set stupid rules on bananas shapes and sizes, and thats not even the tip...

We give them a lot of money, but we get nothing in return.. laughable really.

8. The EU is eating away at our culture and making us all drones. I was born an englishman and want to die an englishman not a garlic stinking european!!!!

9. How fcuking dare you?! I believe we should stand up for British interests in the world from a position of strength, rather than being just being shafted by corrupt neocons. Does that make ma traitor? cnut.

10. Why hate th EU?
    Simple, they just aren't British. That means they have no right to make decisions for Britain

11. Alsacien

Alsacien LE Moderator

I think you will find informed opinion regarding the EU a bit thin on the ground in this forum - prepare yourself for some rather predictable ranting.... :roll:

12. amen

14. I agree with every post and poster on this topic EXCEPT those of Rumpelstiltskin and R himself.

The European Soviet Union is as corrupt and morally bankrupt as any so called 'banana republic'.

I see no point in its existence and I would welcome its demise as warmly as I welcome the 'wanabee' President of Eurineland is leaving 10 Downing Street.

As daft as they can be, together with other oddities of trait, if the 'chips are down' I want a Yank, an Aussie, a Kiwi, a Canadian, a Fijian, a Gurkha with me rather than any combination of the garlic gobbling, wine swilling, surrender monkeys infesting the continent - Dutch and Danes EXCEPTED.

15. Nope that doesn't make you a traitor, what makes someone a traitor is to watch our country robbed of it's money, it's historical rights, it's traditions and it's democracy and think that thats desirable.

Why should unelected foreigners be in a position to dictate our laws?

Why should my taxes subsidise foreigners while my own people die due to lack of health care.

Why should we bother with a political alliance which cravenly stands on the sidelines while our soldiers fight and die?

I didn't call you traitor, I merely stated that you cannot support the EU and be a patriot.

However if the Breton Beret fits..