Why has COVID-19 tracker on my mobile?

There's quite a few of faceache saying they won't use the government app because they don't want to be tracked, they don't seem to realise that certain government agencies can track them by their phone regardless.....if their lives were interesting enough.

OneTenner

LE
Book Reviewer
There's quite a few of faceache saying they won't use the government app because they don't want to be tracked, they don't seem to realise that certain government agencies can track them by their phone regardless.....if their lives were interesting enough.
Along with Google, Facebook & Apple....

Joshua Slocum

LE
Book Reviewer
They would be wasting their time with me, mine is usually left in the office drawer, and I take an old Nokia with me
I only keep it in case the car or bike is nicked, as its paired to the trackers

If their lives are interesting enough, whereas their phone providers, social media sites etc are tracking everyone irregardless

Joshua Slocum

LE
Book Reviewer
If their lives are interesting enough, whereas their phone providers, social media sites etc are tracking everyone irregardless
They will get bored with my Nokia then, it spent 4 weeks sitting in a window sill, I forgot where I left it, so picked up the calls remotely via my landline
the other Nokia is rarely turned on, once every three months to make a call and keep it live

I’ve been boiling mine in milk. Still covid free.
That won't work you need to put your phone in the microwave, ten minutes on high should make it covid free

They will get bored with my Nokia then, it spent 4 weeks sitting in a window sill, I forgot where I left it, so picked up the calls remotely via my landline
the other Nokia is rarely turned on, once every three months to make a call and keep it live
What SIM do you use? I'm looking for a very low/ no usage SIM for a miniature back up phone for my daughter , should she be out and lose or have her main mobile nicked.

Joshua Slocum

LE
Book Reviewer
What SIM do you use? I'm looking for a very low/ no usage SIM for a miniature back up phone for my daughter , should she be out and lose or have her main mobile nicked.
Giff Gaff
got four phones with them, wifios nokia, my spare nokia for visitors and when peeps lose phone
my works nokie and the chinky smart phone
the spare phone is on PAYG
other three are on 6 pound month good bags, unlimited calls and texts
also giff Gaff to giff gaff calls are free

That really hurts. I have been having trauma counselling since the fire. Just plucking up the courage to go out again and you had to go and bring it all up over again.

Years of therapy in the bin. Thanks.

are you claiming to have done that, or be that?

I don't know which is worse

Giff Gaff
got four phones with them, wifios nokia, my spare nokia for visitors and when peeps lose phone
my works nokie and the chinky smart phone
the spare phone is on PAYG
other three are on 6 pound month good bags, unlimited calls and texts
also giff Gaff to giff gaff calls are free
I seem to be falling short in the ettiquette department.