Why has COVID-19 tracker on my mobile?

Diko

Old-Salt
If you check your mobiles, go to Settings, Personal, Health and see if you have a tracker called COVID-19 placed on your mobile without you knowing it? If our government has decided to scrap the tracking App why is it there?

It's not the app itself, it's just functionality to work with whatever app is launched should people install it

it is to enable track and trace apps when they are (available and) downloaded.

see here: Covid-19 tracing tool on smartphones is 'not app'

“A Covid-19 tracing software tool has appeared in the settings of both Android phones and iPhones as part of an update of their operating systems.​

The "exposure notification" tool is switched off by default, and is not a tracing app itself.​
If our government has decided to scrap the tracking App why is it there?
I understand that the app undergoing trials was not all it was supposed to be and thus, the focus has been switched to developing the Google/Apple app instead.

Arte_et_Marte

ADC
I believe its a Google product. You've probably got the Google app on your phone. Somewhere in the small print I'd suggest you've agreed that Google can download stuff onto their app.

It's harmless but quite a few people are getting upset about it. Personally, I don't give a rats.

Have a look in your Google settings. It's probably at the top of a ton of other stuff and easy to see. It's a blue tooth tool. Everything will be greyed out, because there is nothing to connect with yet.

It's the new world order tracking you. First swallow your phone then smash it up by repeatedly punching yourself in the abdomen.

Screenshot_20200621-204730_Google Play services.jpg

If you check your mobiles, go to Settings, Personal, Health and see if you have a tracker called COVID-19 placed on your mobile without you knowing it? If our government has decided to scrap the tracking App why is it there?
You're a bit thick. MODs can you drop me a PM if this thread gets moved to where I can be more... expressive.
Screenshot_20200620-205122_Google Play services.jpg

It is too early to ask the OP if this thread is going the way they expected?

Should have read the small print.
Its the API to enable Covid trackers (Worldwide) It arrived on your phone as part of a recent update. For the iPhone this was iOS version 13.5 rolled out in May

Do you know what other probing that you have consented to by accepting the update?

Diko

Old-Salt
Should have read the small print.
Its the API to enable Covid trackers (Worldwide) It arrived on your phone as part of a recent update. For the iPhone this was iOS version 13.5 rolled out in May

Do you know what other probing that you have consented to by accepting the update?
Mine is 12.4.7

jarrod248

LE
Gallery Guru
You thick twat.

Grownup_Rafbrat

LE
Book Reviewer

Joshua Slocum

LE
Book Reviewer
my phone never has bluetooth or location turned on
so I wont worry too much
but I ran it under a hot tap just in case it gave me covid