Why get promoted - pay related.....

Discussion in 'Finance, Property, Law' started by tallbird, Oct 18, 2006.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. I have just been promoted and I will get an extra 1.52 a day.
    I am not complaining that I have been promoted, far from it, its just that once you have bought your mess dress, paid your mess bill and all the other stuff you have to shell out for and all the extra responsibility that goes with the job, I am going to be worse off, how does that work?
    Anyone feel the same way or could you not give a rats.........
    Pay 2000 is pants :(
  2. elovabloke

elovabloke LE Moderator

Look to the future tallbird - bigger pension when your in your bathchair.
  3. You have to look beyond the immediate pain - to the brightly lit uplands of the future where you will be the leader of your organisation.

Alternatively, you can do what loads of others do, say that it isn't worth the candle and quit.

And so the cycle continues!

That was the harsh view; my personal view is that Pay 2000 has caused the Army significant problems especially where soldiers are promoted and find themselves earning less money than the soldiers under their command. Or, where soldiers attend a long course and find themselves very little better off at the end of the course.

Personal view only - I have no solution. As an aside, I am now affected by the ladder. Promoted early, thank you very much, but I have now hit the rank ceiling, and will stay there for a while.

4. When i got my Lance comical i was sent to HCR. Yea ok there a old Regt but by christ! All ranks mess bills not much change each month from £60, mess dress, Suits and evening wear. Big chunks out of a LCpl's pay it was. Now i have been marking time on level 9 high band for 18 months and lookin at my crossover to next band having been promoted. Will it be significantly bigger to offset the mark time period? I look forward to input? Out
  5. same happened to 1.50 a day more after running around with telegraf poles for six weeks. then the tax man took it all of me when the tax credits were factored up. end result a lot of blood sweat and tears on the nco cardre for absolulty nothing.