Why 'Ex-soldier'?

I worked at the Nottingham B&Q.

I still have the PTSD and that haunted far away look in my eyes that suggests an ocean of inner turmoil just beneath the surface.

Now where's my medal?
I know where you got your PTSD from. I used to shop in there when we were doing the house up.

Gawd bless ya.

Sixty

ADC
Book Reviewer
Squaddies - Heroes, stories of whom who sell papers.
Ex - Squaddies - Barely restrained baby killers, stories of whom sell papers.

You'll note there's a bit of overlap between the two?

B

bokkatankie

Maybe the local rag was astonished that an Ex-soldier had been convicted of anything, surely his lawyer deserves shooting, some sort of claim for PTSD would have had him driving without blemish on his license

Did you have to shop in the Nottingham B & Q, as the more Northerly ones, did not sell indoor plumbing fixtures?
We had a house in Beeston Rylands at the time. I feel like I should have shares in B&Q and Wickes.

Ex-soldier is banned from road (From The Wiltshire Gazette and Herald)
Joshua Davies was seen by a police officer to hit a parked Ford Mondeo and upon being tested at Gablecross Police Station was found to be over the drink drive limit.
He was serving in the Army 6 months ago, why do the Wiltshire Gazette and Herald feel the need to mention his past military experience?
Perhaps because the drunk driver used his army service as some sort of mitigation against his crime. How else would the "Wilshire Gazette and Herald" know of his past working life?

I'm no fan of journalists who dig around for dirt and embellish stories for their own goals, but the only way this guy's service would have come about is if he'd used his "exemplary military record" from his red book as a means to get his punishment reduced against a worthless, career civvy who had done the same thing.

Perhaps because the drunk driver used his army service as some sort of mitigation against his crime. How else would the "Wilshire Gazette and Herald" know of his past working life?

I'm no fan of journalists who dig around for dirt and embellish stories for their own goals, but the only way this guy's service would have come about is if he'd used his "exemplary military record" from his red book as a means to get his punishment reduced against a worthless, career civvy who had done the same thing.
To be honest - you have to work pretty hard not to exemplary.....

Pretty much spot on explanation. Magistrates are suckers for a war story and a dashing military chap who's fallen on hard times (PTSD/saw best mate killed/killed best mate/forced to garrott women and children as part of psy ops in Afghanistan delete where appropriate) and hit the brandy a lttle too hard. Your man's brief would have put him up to this as he/she knows the drill. But ex-soldier or no, he's a **** who was over the limit and, by the very nature of his exemplary character, should have been treated more harshly than your average worthless career civvy since he should have ******* known better!

We had a house in Beeston Rylands at the time. I feel like I should have shares in B&Q and Wickes.
If you were near ythe bottom end of Meadow Road I would suggest shares in a lifeboat for when the canal flooded would have been more useful.

'Cause journos always need a hook to hang someone by.