Why everybody should make an Enduring Power of Attorney

Discussion in 'The Intelligence Cell' started by Blogg, Oct 25, 2009.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Even if you have made a will and think your life is well sorted there is a huge, predatory and useless Labour OTT control freak bureacracy ready to grab money and generally sh1t all over the lives of those who are already struggling following family misfortune.

Put aside the fact it is the Daily Wail and read this:

"Children's author Heather Bateman was forced to get permission from the court to use family funds after an accident left her journalist husband Michael in a coma.

'Michael and I were two independent working people. We had been married for 28 years. We had written our wills, both our names were on the deeds of the house we shared in London and the Norfolk cottage we had renovated over the years.

'We had separate bank accounts and most of the bills were paid from Michael's account. Now, to continue living in the way we always had done, I needed to access the money in his account.

'The Court of Protection brought me almost as much anger, grief and frustration into my life as the accident itself. [It is] an alien, intrusive, time-consuming and costly institution, which was completely out of tune with what we were going through. It ruled my waking moments and my many sleepless nights.'"

2. This 'Orwellian' evil - The Court of Protection, stealthily introduced by this dictatorial and deluded government, now in its death throes thankfully, is OUTRAGEOUS.

Another example of 'The State Knows Best' and also an excuse to garner more TAXES.

Where was the Opposition whilst this Hitlerite plan was progressing through Parliament - or did it just appear as if by magic?

Where were the Liberal/ Democrats? Did they oppose this abhorrent 'Mugabe like' creation?

Will either Party guarantee to dissolve this secret 'Star Chamber' upon assuming government from the current 'Stalinist' misfits who masquerade as a government?

Surely the stuff of far-fetched novels? No, this monument of praise to the excesses of the Soviet Union and Nazi Germany exists!

How can this be!! Why are we not purchasing lengths of piano wire and pouring in hundreds of thousands, millions even, 'onto the streets'? Why? Are we now so swamped and weakened by endless European regulations and diktats, that we no longer have the stomach to fight tyranny wherever and whenever it rears its vicious head - even though that revolting, ugly and vomit inducing 'head' is that of our government?
  3. is there no depths of indecency and contempt for the people of this country that labour will not plumb?
  4. Mandelson back in the Cabinet.

LCpl Glenton on the streets of London.

Harriet Harman as well, Harriet Harman ...

Clearly not, then.