Why Estonia?

Discussion in 'The Intelligence Cell' started by tuffy52, Apr 17, 2013.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. A friend of mine has just been notified that they are being posted to Estonia.Being a bit behind the times I cannot understand why,can anyone help?.
  2. Embassy duty perhaps?
  3. Did he upset someone?
  4. is he a Cybersecurity guru?
  5. Have you considered asking your friend?
  6. BrunoNoMedals

BrunoNoMedals LE Reviewer

I reckon his "friend" made it up.

"If I tell him I'm in Estonia, maybe he won't keep calling me."
  7. Good thought: the NATO Cyber 'Centre of Excellence' is there.

Tallinn is a lovely place - highly recommended for a run ashore. And there's been a long relationship between UK and Estonia, and a warm one. We did something to stop the Russians being beastly to them in WW1, and we've also been helpful since the end of the Cold War, so Brits are still generally welcome there.
    • Like Like x 1
  8. Seriously good beer.
  9. And even seriously gooder ladies!
    • Like Like x 2
  10. Why Estonia?

Err . . ?

• Like Like x 1
  11. Even in the dodgy Russian back street cafe's that you find staggering back to the hotel at 4 in the morning.
    • Like Like x 1
  12. Exmarine is in that part of the world - he'll know what's going on, but I'm pretty sure there's a BATT there
  13. Estonia ? Isn't that the one where the bow door fell off in a storm ? Deeply unpleasant, a proper horror story in fact.
  14. I read somewhere that British and Estonia troops have worked closely in Afghan, and combined with the prior good relations between the nations, a BATT or similar seems logical.