Why don't we have a Welsh Christmas crawl ?

Discussion in 'ARRSE Social, Events & Networking' started by jim24, Oct 10, 2010.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. jim24

jim24 Book Reviewer

Answers on a postcard

2. Auld-Yin

Auld-Yin LE Reviewer Book Reviewer Reviews Editor

Tropper might turn up!!!! :)

Why don't you try organising one? Set up some potential dates/venues and go for it.

3. maguire

maguire LE Book Reviewer

it would be in Wales??

is it a trick question?

4. jim24

jim24 Book Reviewer

Just thought i'd see if theres any interest, if therecis I'll be more than happy to set somthing up in Cardiff

5. Bet it will be in the 'South'!!

6. q.e.d! ;-)

7. I would come, but prob be working. Will be in Cardiff for Rem day with about 10 mates if anyone fancies tagging along. Usual wetherspoons, goat major etc.

8. Why don't we have a Welsh Christmas crawl ?

Is it because there aren't enough dyslexic consonants in "Welsh Christmas Crawl"???

9. jim24

jim24 Book Reviewer

OK so well all meet for Rememberance day instead, anybody up for that

10. Hi all. Press the (now ex) Crab here!
    Cant make Rememberance day sorry, I'll be parading in Pencoed, then having a few beers there. I'll be at the USM Dinner the Friday before if anybody's going to that? :)

Up for a Christmas Crawl though :) . Depends on date of course, as December is filling up pritty fast.

11. Oh Tropper dearheart...I know you meant that in the nicest possible way but I am afraid you will be getting answers along the lines of...

There is no Welsh christmas crawl because you are a bunch of tightwad, miserable, ginger-pated, druidic gogs who believe that purchasing a round of drinks is frivolity on a par with that displayed by Jezebel; as described to you by Brother Evans (who smelled of cough syrup and Woodbines) in Methodist Sunday School. Moreover gathering together is an activity frowned upon in Welsh culture, as it allows non-attenders free range over attenders goods, livestock and chattels. Should you actually foregather, a warm half-pint of flat bitter ale is hardly justification of itself for the three hour journey up the Valleys in a single carriage train, accompanied by fat birds in ill-fitting and badly sized outfits. The bright lights of Cardiff and Swansea always seem so much more appealing in the conceptual phase than in reality although a kebab and a multi-lingual fight running up Westgate Street might be construed as having a certain primitive charm.

OK?

12. Cuddles, that seems to cover everything and is almost poetic oh and it rains.

13. It rains? In Wales? Are you sure?

14. I'm ******* sure it does!!;-)

15. Of this i'm certain and the other awful place Otterburn, to be avoided at all costs.