Why dont we do stuff like this??

Discussion in 'Aviation' started by Zapped, Apr 6, 2010.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. 1. 6 people in a UK lynx wont go
    2. Uk Government are spineless
    3. UK cant affort to to that sh!t
    4 We've lost the "Great" part of Great Britain.

Now have rope round my neck...somebody please kick the stool away :cry:

2. Well read the article, it says the crew where locked in a bullet proof room. Without any chance of the crew being killed it was an easy (relatively speaking) chance for the dutch military to get some kudos points.

I have no doubt that if it were a british vessel/crew in the same tactically advantageous situation then we would have intervened as well. After all we do have the dedicated assets and the will.

3. You reckon??

4. Yes.

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/news/world/africa/article5141745.ece

5. Porridge_gun

Porridge_gun LE Good Egg (charities)

What was your conduct after capture by the Iranians like?

6. When did Peter Kay join the RN?

7. 6 will go into a Lynx, in fact just ask anyone who remembers the Lynx pair in SAMA loading a platoon patrol with RUC, dog handler + mut!

8. Ah but now you see 'elfin safety has come in and made everything all pink and fluffy. Like the dog cant fly unless it has undertaken and completed the appropriate marine survival course or something equally daft.

9. There is a dedicated Sqn for this type of thing ready to drop some scary men off anywhere in the world. It has been done before and no doubt will be done again (though maybe not with the current incarnation of lynx)

10. 6 in a Lynx.
    All a question of auw.
    Just cut down on weight of fuel.
    Surprised no pilots surfaced.
    john

11. Make Lynx single pilot and you could double load capacity!!! :twisted:

12. nobody really wants to arrest pirates. unfortunately they have a right to fair trial which means shipping them to a british court, once convicted they then have to be locked up in a british prison.

what's more, the pirates can claim asylum upon arrest.

the international community should sit down together and work something out to fix the loopholes. it's a win win for the pirates whatever the outcome.

13. 6 in a Lynx is possible, in a MK7 it gives about 30 mins endurance.
    In a MK 8 (Naval version) I would imagine the endurance would be about the same.

Trouble is for ship Ops you need ramp fuel (or MLA) which is usually about 20 mins, so the guys would have almost no "Playtime".

As to single Pilot, only flown Lynx once solo and all I could think of was "what if".....

14. "Make Lynx single pilot and you could double load capacity!!! Twisted Evil"

Oh my Buddha ya means The Pie Eaters still rule !

john