Why dont Royal Signals Supervisors get a badge?

Why is it that there are loads of 2 or 3 week courses in the Army that you get a big badge for and extra pay but for the poor supervisor trades in the Royal Signals for example the Foremans Course which is 21 Months long Honours Degree course you don't get a badge or any extra pay. If I'm going to do 21 months I want a massive gold badge with lots of extra pay or i'm not doing it.

You see my friend, that's why CDT exist, to catch out lunatics like you...

Alsacien

MIA
TheCountCounts said:
Why is it that there are loads of 2 or 3 week courses in the Army that you get a big badge for and extra pay but for the poor supervisor trades in the Royal Signals for example the Foremans Course which is 21 Months long Honours Degree course you don't get a badge or any extra pay. If I'm going to do 21 months I want a massive gold badge with lots of extra pay or i'm not doing it.
You want badges - go join the septic army or an airsoft club.

Badges should indicate some special capability of the wearer - you would run the risk of someone giving you a radio to fix - then you'd be fücked..

exbleep said:
Badges? Badges? We don't need no stinkin' badges!!!!
kerr........lasss.........ic

Although the younger ones may not get it.

Haha, your a bitter Mech then? Should have read the pay guides better before you joined if you wanted more money. Read the comments in your blog, does this answer your questions?

Jesus Elayer do you do anything else but sit on your computer and take silly topics way to seriously I'm guessing your single and lonely.

A big embroidered USB logo on the upper arm for Class 1s. :p

We got rid of badges when we got issued combat 95 ... oh yea ..that lasted about 1 year!!

If you are at SP BN/7SR or 16SR we have enough badges already thank you.

Was about to point out that there are far too many badges creeping on to, what should be, a combat uniform.

WRT the FofS cse, the fact you have got a degree out of it somewhat softens the blow that you don't get a badge, surely?

What he is after is a visible badge so that everyone will be able to recognise that you are FofS/YofS/IS eg eg instead of being called Staff or Q until you correct them. (Normally on arrival at a new unit).

This is even worse when dealing with other cap badges i.e. my RAO refused point blank to call a FofS by his title even when requested to (until months later where I assume someone of a higher rank said something)

Smoking_Sigs said:
...my RAO refused point blank to call a FofS by his title even when requested to (until months later where I assume someone of a higher rank said something)
How ironic, as plenty of them are just as **** about titles. You call one of his/her staff the wrong TLA (e.g. RAOWO is now RAWO and so on...) and they throw a childish strop. I have also met a few RAO civil servants who have insisted that they are Major or Captain (Retired) and got a real bag on about people not addressing them properly.

I have seen a FofS with 'Foreman of Signals' written on his rank slide before. He did it because he was fed up with not being called by his appointment. Very sad.